Viking on Horseback

P

Polux

Hello to all.

Here you have my near work. It's a figure of white metal, a topic very different from the made thing till now from my. I have many doubts how paint it, to obtain colors and sheen wished...

The base is already almost finished, probably some small detail, but it's Ok!!!

Certainly .. it's Andrea Miniatures Scale's figure 1/32

Best regards

Polux

View attachment 43871View attachment 43872View attachment 43873View attachment 43874

View attachment 47094

View attachment 47095

View attachment 47096

View attachment 47097

P1010080.jpg

P1010082.jpg

P1010083.jpg

P1010085.jpg

D

dubster72

This is cool, it's nice to see something different! I'm sure you'll do it perfectly as ever Polux, the base already looks great, love the skull!

Cheers

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent base polux! im sure the figure is going to be just as good !, cheers tony

B

Boldman

Interesting base. I like the look of the scribing on his breastplate, looks like it will be a nice piece when painted!

P

phalinmegob

stunning so far polux,looking forward to seeing this one finished

First Name
Aaron
Sweet base mate, I agree it is nice to see something a little different like this.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Polux just been looking at the Andrea mimiatures there's some very good ones i may have a dabble at one as well. The base is looking sweet on yours looking forward to the Viking and horse being painted

P

Polux

Many thanks for your comments mates!!

I fall in "love" with it in the alone one to see it!! :iloveyou:

Today I have painted it with a mixture of black and grey (imprimer). I give you a relation of products and paintings used in the base, for if it can interest someone.

The base is done with bicarbonate and glue, the grasses are grains field and reeds (from Busch). The land is painted with this colors: Terracotta/Tank Brown/German Beige/Medium Brown/White.

Best regards

Polux

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Polux

This looks a really nice figure, the detail in the sculpting is very good. You've made a great start on the base - looks terrific and I'll be really looking forward to seeing what you make of this Viking on horseback.

All the best with the painting.

Cheers

Paul

P

Polux

Hi Paul (and all you)!!!

Many thanks for your comments!!

I'm sorry not show new photos of this thread and others (winter patrol/SIG/large tank).... I'm a bee-keeper and these days the work excels myself...

But very prompt I wan to publish things and comment on them with all of you!!

Best regards

Polux

P

Polux

Hi all.

Maybe some of you remember this thread was stopped, because I did a strange mix or reaction, and the poor horse finished with an absolutely hard and green coat of “paint” :oops:

Well....so I haven’t nothing to lose....I have leave the figure, under all kind of products and toxic liquids these last days :confused: and seems I have recover the horse!!! O_o The result isn’t perfect, but will be ok to try a paint work.

If you are thinking why I have returned at this one now....the reason is simple!! After the magnificent advices and the patience of our master’s figure Paul, and the “nonstop” marathon of John with his figures, I wish to try and learn to paint one :P

This is the final result after the acid wash.... O_o Now I have to mask and primer again.

View attachment 81316

View attachment 81317

I start the shield and the sword.

View attachment 81318

And I started to paint the Viking, just the first coat, with acrylics.

View attachment 81319

View attachment 81320

Thanks for looking

Polux

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow Polux! This mounted figure looks a great kit. You also have made a fabulous start to it. I'll be following this build for sure.

Cheers

Paul

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
excellent, choice, i real like it, Polux, great start as well the base looks great, and dont think it needs to much more,:rolleyes:

nice start to the horse as well, using black,choc brown dose help with were the musics are and give you a bit off a guild, ;)

and a good start on the figure as well ,o_O

i did come across Andrea mimiatures, as well and did see some i would like to try,

will be watching this one,

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great work polux the base is excellent I love it . I'm very sure the horse and Viking will be equally as good. it pleases me that I was a small part of your inspiration to do a figure but please be careful as this could be the 1st of many lol as I started with one and I now have about 15 staring at me from a very over crowded shelf . It is very interesting looking at my 1st to last figure as you can see the different levels of improvement it's like watching a journey unfold. All with the generous help and advice with the good people from this forum so thank you to everyone yourself included polux regards John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Many apologies for being late in response Polux, just saw it.

Amazing work on the base, totally brilliant-the highlights just give the base a real depth to it. I like the horse as it is lol, reminds me of a statue weathered. The shield and sword are lovely painted and I am sure that the horse will be okay. Top work and if Paul is giving you advice then I am sure you cannot go wrong.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Thank you very much guys!!!

Sorry for my late response, but these last days I don't do any kind of modelling and post on the forum as well :oops:

I start with with the shadows on the trousers but I don't like the result by the moment...have to observe and try more ;)