What is best material to make water on your diorama

M

Maketar king

What is the best material for water on your diorama, so water could look realistic. Also what is the best material for grass, and ground (earth, mud, dust etc etc)?

N

noble

Hi there ok to answer you questions first water can be done in one of two ways the first is to give the perception of depth all you do is paint your base board browny green colours then once dry paint this over with clear high gloss varnish the more coats you use the deeper the water looks, do this till you are happy with the result second is actual depth i use a product called countrysde scenic water. All it is is a pourable clear resin in a bottle, you pour this onto the area wher you are adding water 3/4mm at a time, allow this to go off for up to 48 hrs then make your second pour (CHECK OUT MY DIO IN THE GB COMPLETED ENTITLED THE RED BALL) for an example. The countryside water can be bought at a model shop and is worth every penny. For ground work material i use the silt that collects in drainage gutters because it has lots of diffrent sized stones, which you can leave in or sieve out as required, for bushes i use moss for grass the most effective and realistic material is called faux fur this is fake animal fur found in material shops( see my diorama the break down for effect) for dust and mud i use artists pastel which can be bought in the works for a fiver for all colours.

scott