When small is beautiful-The Cri Cri in action.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
http://flight.cz/cricri/vids/v2.wmv

You strap the airplane around you,this requires removing the cockpit to get into the office itself,then you get an helper to swing the two overgrown model engines into life,and climb into the wild blue yonder, to enjoy what must be the most seat of the pants thrilling adventure of a lifetime ?

Enjoy the flight.

B

Bunkerbarge

What an absolutely amazing experience that must be. I notice there were a few more of these things on the ground so it isn't a one-off thing.

R

rjwood_uk

that is soo cool!!! i can imagine that being so fun. although i bet its quite hairy to control as it must be soo light.

N

new to trains

its unreal, way to go, i have some large models bigger than that !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The French once had an aerobatic team that came over to the UK sponsored by some company,the aircraft is very easy to fly despite its looks.

What an absolutely amazing experience that must be. I notice there were a few more of these things on the ground so it isn't a one-off thing.

B

Bluewavestudios

Indeed a remarkable plane - The Cri-Cri or Cricket as it is also known as has also been done as a Jet Powered aircraft using the very same Turbine engines as us Modellers use. (The Brits built the first model jet turbines and successfully flew them way back in 1982), it was the French who got to the Commercial Market first with their Jet Engines and it is a pair of those same engines that power the Jet Cri-Cri....with more than enough power to spare !!

Overgrown Model Yes but I would still love to fly one !!!

Here is one link

http://www.gasturbine.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page2.htm

The First Model you see is powered by the Original British made jet engines as flown and developed by David James back in 1982. You will see the Jet powered Cri-Cri further down the page.

Regards....Mark.