Which FW 190 kit please?

zuludog

SMF Supporter
I'm looking for a cheap (<£10) 1/72 Focke Wulf Fw 190 kit, but not the Airfix FW A-8 as I don't like it.

Kingkit have several, by Hasegawa, Revell, Hobbyboss, Matchbox, Zvezda, Bilek, Italeri, Academy, Mastercraft, Heller

Is there anything to choose between them?
Or any I should avoid?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
There will be lots to choose between them. I only know the Airfix and Matchbox ones, but you can be sure some of those kits are easier to assemble and/or more accurate than others. The Hobby Boss kits are in their easy-assembly line, which will give you a kit that’s both cheap and quick to build, but looks good anyway — if you don’t mind cockpit detail that’s only slightly better than 1960s standard.

zuludog

SMF Supporter
Thanks for your reply
I've done a bit of Surfing and watching YouTube videos, and asked the same question on a Facebook Group
There are several kits available in the £8 to £10 range, and I've just ordered an Eduard FW 190 A-8 Weekend kit from the Scale Model Shop at the top of the page

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm looking for a cheap (<£10) 1/72 Focke Wulf Fw 190 kit, but not the Airfix FW A-8 as I don't like it.

Kingkit have several, by Hasegawa, Revell, Hobbyboss, Matchbox, Zvezda, Bilek, Italeri, Academy, Mastercraft, Heller

Is there anything to choose between them?
Or any I should avoid?
OK there's this one https://www.kingkit.co.uk/product/revell-aircraft-1-72-04165-focke-wulf-fw-190-a-8-r-11
you can check it out here> https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04165-focke-wulf-fw-190-a-8-r-11--165847
the instructions can be downloaded LH side halfway down....................
Dave
there's a YouTube inbox review

Last edited: