Which model glue

First Name
Noel
I also use Plastic Weld from EMA Supplies. It is a great liquid cement that not only sticks polystyrene, but ABS, and acrylic plastics as well.
Most modellers develop an 'armoury' of adhesives like Super Glue (various consistencies), Epoxy, Tamiya Fast Flowing Liquid Polystyrene Cement, Good Old Polystyrene Tube Cement, Contact Adhesives. Best try different ones to find what suits you best.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I am very lazy and sausage-fingered, so it's thin superglue with brush applicator all the way for me. Gorilla glue do one which also has a pinprick applicator, but I find Loctite's one works best. Evostick do one, but the bristles catch on the bottle neck and warp quickly which is a problem very rapidly.

I can keep CA going for months once opened just by keeping it in a resealable drugs bag with the air sucked out. I don't handle any of my models so CA gives easily strong enough a bond. I just checked the one I last opened in March and it's still half full and as thin as a new bottle - no gloops.

Problems - scars nastily so brush control is essential for me. Also, never use on clear parts!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tamiya Extra Thin for most plastic, though on the harder compositions like that I've come across in Zoukei Mura kits I use EMA Plastic Weld.

I use bog standard CA glues (superglue) both thin and the gel types from supermarkets or similar. Don't buy expensive model specific CA glue, it's a waste of money. All CA glue goes off once exposed to air (well, technically the water in the air) and few will ever use a full container before this starts to affect the glues performance. I've never done so even building resin kits.
You can extend the life of the glue by keeping it in the fridge, unfortunately the Fuhrerin vetoed this option in my case, despite my well argued and factual argument, based on my old chemistry degree. For some inexplicable reason she was totally unimpressed with my knowledge of the relationship between rate of reaction and temperature!

Some kind of white glue is a must, I often use it for P-E parts which require a bit of wiggle time. At the moment I've got some Gator's Grip 'Acrylic Hobby Glue' on the go, which is very good, but there are cheaper options.

I use G-S Hypo Cement for clear parts. It's an easily manageable gel with a fine applicator, allows some wiggle time and sets to a strong bond in about a quarter of an hour. I've been using the same tube for years, so if you look after it you won't be buying much of it.

Finally, I have a two part quick epoxy handy. I rarely use this on models, I think I may have used it on a dodgy undercarriage recently, but it's a useful thing to have. It is also useful if you drop your mug and break off the handle :rolling:
I managed to get the CA stored in the fridge with a well reasoned argument. I just make sure it's hidden in the door on a little used shelf. I also make sure they stay behind the food jars!!