Whitestar from Babylon 5

First Name
Adrian
I've had this resin kit a very long time and keep coming back to it, mainly as when I first had it there was so much cleaning up and rubbing down to do I lost interest.

In the last few months I've been working away at it as I wait for other projects to dry/set.

I was getting on really well with it till it was cracked by an incompetent British Gas engineer!

Here's my progress so far, the picture is showing the base coat and the first of three top coats to create the living ship look :smiling3:

001.JPG

The side I am repairing right now.

002.JPG

004.JPG

Comments welcomed as always.

Adrian

N

noble

I have one of these built and painted for years, I have the decals for it and I can't face putting them on it'll take weeks. Very nice. Work how do you intend to do the paint scheme?

Scott

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Nice work Adrian, but it looks like a chicken. :smiling3:
I was thinking more teradactyl but I suppose they are related to chickens. ;) Not a big SciFi fan but I do like to see the models being built as the ideas behind them fascinate me. Did the gas man get out alive?:eek:

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
I have one of these built and painted for years, I have the decals for it and I can't face putting them on it'll take weeks. Very nice. Work how do you intend to do the paint scheme?
Scott
Hi Scott, I have several different shades of purples and blues and I'm going to try out some Pearl Essence paint I got from a taxidermy shop I bought it for my Enterprise build but think it will work well in creating the shimmer effect.

Your both not far off with a chicken and Teradactyl, the original creator was inspired by a Pelican believe it or not :smiling3:

I haven't paid the bill yet to make up for his stupidity :smiling3:

Addrian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice Ade, one of harder ships to create in terms of finish, I wouldn't stand a chance lol.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
id want to know why said gas engineer was handling it!!

interesting looking bird though.....not a sf series i watched

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
id want to know why said gas engineer was handling it!!
interesting looking bird though.....not a sf series i watched
It was on top of a cabinet in the spare bedroom, the engineer was in there fixing my boiler and put his drill on top of the cabinet and right onto my model :sad:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It was on top of a cabinet in the spare bedroom, the engineer was in there fixing my boiler and put his drill on top of the cabinet and right onto my model :sad:
Clumsy oaf...I would put in for compensation mate.

First Name
Adrian
Spent a little time working on the hull pattern, there's a few areas I want to redo but its coming along, have one more purple and a blue to add but I think it will give the right impression.

Course if you never saw the TV series you'll have no idea what's on the clubs table :smiling3:

010.JPG

011.JPG

Comments or advice welcomed :smiling3:

Adrian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice Ade, like the colour, looks just about right to me.

For folk that have no idea what B5 is or the ship Ade is building here is a pic:

latest?cb=20070429190906.jpg

First Name
Robert
Looking very nice there Ade and really nice painting, I'm not sur I ever really watched this program but it's definatly looking the stuff.

I can see the bird inspired idea and the colours are just so so differant which I do like.

Great progress

Kind regards

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking nice Adrian,liking the colors so far,and see some other shading in there as well, ;)

First Name
Adrian
Some subtle free hand paint work and I think its about right, stepping back a day to see how I feel then, still have the underside to tackle, its a mess, as it is a really poor fit so lots of filler required. Also needs the command centre on the top then the guns added.

020.JPG

Comments welcomed as always.

Adrian

First Name
Dave
Looking good Ade. The poor fit is disappointing. I looked at buying the Shadows ship a few years ago and they aren't exactly cheap.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Cool, I enjoyed B5 as a show!:cool:

Its a pity the kit is a bit of a let down, but you are doing a great job on it! :smiling3:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The kit is coming together and starting to look good.

It helps the series is one of my all time favourites.