WW1 GB...Takom 1/16 FT17 avec un nouveau chapeau???

Marty

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Hello folks....haven't posted any actual builds since I joined but I can't resist the allure of a group build and with so many joining in and a relatively long time scale....still won't finish on time though:flushed:...I thought it was time to at least give it a go....only problem was what to build as i had nothing suitable in the stash except this.......
image.jpg
It's a fantastic kit but the rigging scares the bejasus out of me so it'll stay on the shelf for a while!!!.....fortunately I was looking for something else and I came across a suitable candidate which I totally forgot that I had....image.jpeg
Might as well go large with this build:tongue-out3: hope it will be interesting and I'll start putting up some progress shots a sap.....will be starting small ?...wheels etc to get a feel for the scale then the challenging bit....the "new hat"......I'm going to have a go at converting it to the radio/command version with the fixed superstructure in place of the turret....
image.jpeg
The whole thing may prove that be too much as my build rate is a few notches slower than snails pace but I look forward to giving it a go anyway.....cheers to Brad for setting the build up and I look forward to seeing the other builds progress
Cheers for now.....Marty

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Marty
Great plan. I shall watch with interest.
Jim

B

Brad9826

Marty hi , and
welcome along , look forward to it . I've only finished one model in the past three years since restarting, so I think you will have a better chance than I...lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Marty.
I'm in, better than that rigging, that was enough just looking at the box !
John

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice choice Marty:thumb2:, joining the rest and looking on with interest to see how you build the command version with all those rivets.:smiling:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you back at the bench Marty. Big fan of your work and I look forward to seeing how the builds work together. Good luck mate

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
When I saw the Caudron I thought YES. I know it's daunting, but I'd love to see it built.