Xtracrlix

A

AVB99

Can I just clarify please. I should be using Xtracrlix paint, mixed with thinners at about 4:1 ratio of paint to thinners? Am using Xtracrylix thinners and my airbrush is spluttering. The airbrush is spotless and sprays everything else (Vallejo primer, Tamya paints etc superbly well).

The paint, RLM02 is new from John.

Cannot understand it.

Thanks

Aidan

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I use 50/50 thinners to paint when spraying xtracrylixs

A

AVB99

Thanks Al. That solved it. I was reading previous posts which suggested 10-20%. 50% works!

Aidan

A

AVB99

View attachment 52772

Hello

I've just finished my first camouflage on the ME109 and am delighted with it, given that I'm a beginner. Having removed the masking, the three colours are good and almost all lines look good. The only problem is, as the picture shows, that a bit of paint has lifted with the Tamiya masking tape. It's a 1:48 scale so the blemish you can see in the image is about .75mm long. What's showing is primer.

What's the best way of dealing with this please?

Thanks

Aidan

View attachment 55295

1.jpg

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Mask off your upper camouflage colour and respray the area where the paint has lifted. Two or three light coats will be better than trying to do it in one. Spray the damaged area as closely as you can but merge into the surrounding area.

Steve

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
When using Tamiya tape then firstly put it on the back of your hand to help make it less sticky. I find that helps to stop it lifting the paint

A

AVB99

I'm pleased to hear that it's not only me who has these troubles. Thanks Steve for the suggestion and Allyne too for the tip.

Aidan