Yaks ‘century series’ in 1/48 part 4 - the Lockheed F-104C Starfighter

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
SINGLE SEATER OR THE TWIN ? Tony an nat metal great as i think this sets the plane off in the USAF MARKINGS
CHRIS
Its the single seater chris , i have also got the two seat f105g wild weasel in the stash but thats going to be done in the four colour vietnam camo

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Cheers jakko , its a hundred percent improvement on the kit offering.
Agreed. I have this same kit, that I built about 30 years ago, and for some reason I can picture the plastic part in my mind even though the model is buried deep in a cupboard in my hobby room. It has nothing on that resin part you added.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Agreed. I have this same kit, that I built about 30 years ago, and for some reason I can picture the plastic part in my mind even though the model is buried deep in a cupboard in my hobby room. It has nothing on that resin part you added.
The funny thing is that some parts of this kit ( wheels , undercarriage ) are fantastically done but the exhaust is terrible

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They let the apprentice design that to get a bit of experience on an easy part? ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Some interesting effects with the make up Tony, another tip to try and remember.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got the airbrakes fitted now and painted and fitted the demister rails in the canopy . Ive also fixed the two rear view mirrors to the front part . There were a couple of other parts that needed adding to the cockpit , namely the canopy release lever ( supplied on the etched fret ) and what i assume are a pair of canopy ejection rams which sit just at the front edge in front of the instrument panel. I made these from the spares box and painted them silver and red. The canopy has now been fitted and thats it , im calling it done. Heres a few pics to round off the build thread and ill put a full completed set of pics up tomorrow . Thanks for watching , next up in the series - the f105 D Thunderchief . 3B26C126-7B4E-4DD5-9E13-E0E4549B23C5.jpeg4FE1406E-07DB-4E5B-8649-D5E579B6C366.jpeg80A5A72F-94B6-463A-8E0D-CD529B5FF421.jpeg