yamaha m1 camel

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Thought about building this a while ago but other projects kept getting in the way, so finally with a bit of free time and a new model room (my daughter moved out) that I have invaded, and now slowly converting in to MY space

This is where I am.

Been about a year since my last post, so it has taken awhile to get back into it but much better now I am not in a cold garage,

I should say I have tried one or two experiments with this, exhaust springs and some dodgy carbon decals along with spraying the carbon pattern not sure i like it see what you think open to constructive criticism So far I think it looks ok !

Let me know what you think I will update as and when I have all the bits together and more to show

Simon

View attachment 58293View attachment 58292View attachment 58290View attachment 58291View attachment 58295View attachment 58296View attachment 58294View attachment 58288View attachment 58289View attachment 58297

View attachment 60153

View attachment 60154

View attachment 60155

View attachment 60156

View attachment 60157

View attachment 60158

View attachment 60159

View attachment 60160

View attachment 60161

View attachment 60162

body 1.jpg

body 2.jpg

eb3.jpg

eb4.jpg

eb 2.jpg

engine block.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame 1.jpg

frame 2.jpg

front end 1.jpg

P

Polux

Looking very good so far Simon.

And very well painted too. Wish to see more....

Cheers. Polux

M

mobear

looking like a factory fit special its lovely so far

mobear

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a cracking job on the engine and the panels look great.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Tony.

C

CDW

Looks well neat and tidy to me from those photos.

looking forward to the next update

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely engine, subtle differences in metallic finishes and slightly different shades, great job. I always like bike models, mainly as I love bikes but the differences between the engine finish and the bright gloss bodywork make for a very pleasing display. I always leave off the panels as well!

Absolute cracker.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Thank you all, I have been up to my neck in other projects and work so sorry for the late reply hope to have final instalment shortly

Simon

M

mobear

my only comment is `5*s`andd big ones at that,see knockhill is having a hislop memorial race on the 15th and 16th this month,are you going?

mobear

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Big 5***** from me too Simon. That's a supurb job on the Camel. Love the display as well.

Peter

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Thank you both, would have liked to go to knock hill for the super bikes but can get away this weekend skint just bought a new kilt for my boy he's 21 today so need to save up for a while before my next adventure would like to take in a gp but the tickets are mental money never mind accommodation

Simon

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Thank you both, would have liked to go to knock hill for the super bikes but can get away this weekend skint just bought a new kilt for my boy he's 21 today so need to save up for a while before my next adventure would like to take in a gp but the tickets are mental money never mind accommodation Simon
I did Silverstone GP last year. I had tickets off my son and daughter for Christmas. But with a hotel food and petrol getting there it still cost a bucketload of cash. I'd always wanted to go but to be honest it was a bit of a let down ........... To be honest, I'd rather watch it on the telly.

Peter

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Well never made knock hill but watched the racing on the telly, great weather too should have made the effort but 22 yrs married & her birthday, so quite a busy weekend hic - last year my son bought me silver stone tickets then we found out it was the same weekend as his graduation talk about Sod's law we thought about running for the races after but in fairness Inverness to silver stone is a good 8 hours, watched that from the arm chair too but never got wet. Prices for accommodation were out of this world as well, hoping to save up for a European race but we will see how that goes, been off for the last week so have made a start on another build posts to follow Simon