Sweet Bf109-F4 Winter Version

M

m1ks

Nice to see another, cracking little kits aren't they and a good start with the paint finish on that.

M

msm2

Excellent details for the size. Hope to mask off the fuselage later today with white-tac.

B

Bunkerbarge

As much goes into these kits as goes into models twice the size. They really are lovely little models.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They do look nice little kits. From the photographs you'd never guess what a small scale this is. You can never have too many Bf109s,any size will do!

Cheers

Steve

M

msm2

Will try my best on this one. Just have to find the white-tac for masking.

@stona. More 109s the better.

S

sprayman

Thats a great colour scheme Tony,my hat off to you with the scale you work with.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent paintjob tony , i didnt spray mine ,i just brush painted , but the desert scheme is a lot simpler than yours so i could get away with it! Superb work mate , the only trouble is that ,if you dont already realize it , theyre VERY addictive!!! cheers tony

M

msm2

Still needs some more decals to go on and the undercarriage to be fitted. Enjoyed building this one.

M

m1ks

Looking very nice and a great clean paintjob, only bit i've noticed for addressing is that you've missed a couple of thin canopy frame struts halfway along the opening section, (assuming of course the canopies are the same as in my Marseille kit).

Incidentally, did you mask the canopy or paint and clear off the excess? If you masked it, how did you go about it?

(I ask as I had a pig of a job masking mine and ended up touching in by hand afterwards).

M

msm2

I painted then cleaned,I was going to mask it out and use liquid mask. I did notice that,will touch up tonight.

M

m1ks

Well that's good to know as that was my plan for the next one I build, (the barbarossa one unless I do one of the Zeros), looks very clean and neat, to be honest I don't think even liquid mask would work well given the very small glass sections, it'd be nigh on impossible to get a clean straight edge.

This ones coming along just great though, cracking stuff.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks great Tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
What a little cracker. Lovely job on the paint,this will be a nice one.

Cheers

Steve