1/1 SCALE ALIEN FACEHUGGER.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have been working on this for the past few days, on and off, between the wagon dio and it fought me all the way, in the end I began to really hate it so much! It is vinyl and was twisted, softening didn't work, the fit was horrible, all my arsenal of adhesives might have just been water, even epoxy failed in some places and resorted to hot welding it with rubbish results as I couldn't get in to sand enough so it is a tad rough. It is missing its tail end as it fell off again and got wanged across the workshed...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Paint wise it has been grey primed, airbrushed, sponged with enamels, matt varnished and clear resin added for the moist parts.

To say I did battle with this beasty is a understatement...I'm still not sure who won...it probably.

Si...exhausted.

View attachment 83114

View attachment 83115

View attachment 83116

View attachment 83117

View attachment 83118

DSCF3175.JPG

DSCF3174.JPG

DSCF3172.JPG

DSCF3171.JPG

DSCF3170.JPG

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Where's Ripley when you need her!? :eek: Good work Si

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Incredible work it is so real I am afraid to turn my back on my playbook encase it leaps from the screen to give me a hug. Fantastic work from the master again.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Where's Ripley when you need her!? :eek: Good work SiLee :smiling3:
Wish she was here, she could have helped build it or at least fried the bounder with her flame-thrower!

Glad you like it Lee.

SI:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Incredible work it is so real I am afraid to turn my back on my playbook encase it leaps from the screen to give me a hug. Fantastic work from the master again.
LOL...very kind words. And me a master...nah, if I was that good I wouldn't need this place and its motley crew to help me.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I know you've had problems with this mate but it doesn't show and I think you won the battle you can tell that because it's crossing it's fingers in the hope you don't use that lump hammer on him lol

Around mate it looks fantastic , I know what a terrible kit this and you've done brilliantly to not only finish it but to give it a very high standard as well

Top job well made mate

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I know you've had problems with this mate but it doesn't show and I think you won the battle you can tell that because it's crossing it's fingers in the hope you don't use that lump hammer on him lolAround mate it looks fantastic , I know what a terrible kit this and you've done brilliantly to not only finish it but to give it a very high standard as well

Top job well made mate
Cheers mate, my lad bought this £40...I nearly gave him the money back and binned the thing...it was only because he loves Alien etc that I stuck with it. Not a kit for the amateur modeller that's for sure and it shows in my lack of skill in tackling it. The paintwork is more dirty than it should be, mainly to hide the roughness of the build.

Glad you like it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You should be proud of it mate you've done a fantastic job on a kit that I know is awful , it's one thing to build a terrible kit but to make it look as good as you have takes some skill

If I had built that and made it look as good as yours I'd be chuffed mate. :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nasty looking thing beautifully done sounds like ripely had it easier on the spaceship than yourself Si you will have to do the daddy of the alien films now though 1/1 scale ;)

First Name
Dave
Looks like the 'Real' thing to me.Great paint work.Ive always liked the Alien films .Watched them all many times.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic job, on the beasty, Si, but would not wont it as a pet, :confused:

with all the trouble you had with him you whipped it into shape,and so that you wow,:rolleyes:

N

noble

\ said:
I have been working on this for the past few days, on and off, between the wagon dio and it fought me all the way, in the end I began to really hate it so much! It is vinyl and was twisted, softening didn't work, the fit was horrible, all my arsenal of adhesives might have just been water, even epoxy failed in some places and resorted to hot welding it with rubbish results as I couldn't get in to sand enough so it is a tad rough. It is missing its tail end as it fell off again and got wanged across the workshed...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:Paint wise it has been grey primed, airbrushed, sponged with enamels, matt varnished and clear resin added for the moist parts.

To say I did battle with this beasty is a understatement...I'm still not sure who won...it probably.

Si...exhausted.

N

noble

So what your saying then is you could have done with a predator to kill it dead part way through, this is top drawer work mate and the paint work is sooooo realistic.

scott

P

Polux

You are always surprising me Si!!

What a hell... is this strange kit? :eek:

Like Dave has said, looks as the "real" one on the movie ;)

Fantastic work.

D

dubster72

I didn't think I'd be able to give this one a gong Si, until I saw the quality of your painting.

The depth & use of colours really brings it to life - scary really!

It's really really good.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nasty looking thing beautifully done sounds like ripely had it easier on the spaceship than yourself Si you will have to do the daddy of the alien films now though 1/1 scale ;)
Er...no. :D One Alien baddie is enough...I couldn't cope with making another lol.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
So what your saying then is you could have done with a predator to kill it dead part way through, this is top drawer work mate and the paint work is sooooo realistic.scott
Yeah...but no three red LED's in sight Scott...the crab-faced freak abandoned me to the build :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You are always surprising me Si!!What a hell... is this strange kit? :eek:

Like Dave has said, looks as the "real" one on the movie ;)

Fantastic work.
Bless you Polux for the kind words mate. The real surprise is that I managed to finish it.