Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats Your first build? Seriously?

That is very very impressive. If I could point one thing out, the tracks. As good as they are, you might want to consider cleaning them up in a strip where the road wheels would be in contact with the tracks. A big heavy tank like that will simply squish any "detritus" out from the contact points and they would appear quite polished. On a model that large, with those huge tracks, I just found it rather eye catching.

Hope you don't mind me saying. As I also said it is an excellent build and very well painted as well!!

Ian M

C

Cobra69

Hi Ian

Thanks for the kind remarks, as for the tracks you are correct the inside parts between the wheels and tracks would be a lot cleaner, but the plan is to set in a muddy field diorama and sink it slightly into the mud so they will be covered anyway

M

mobear

WOW thats fantastic,beats my first build by a long shot

mobear

D

dubster72

That's a pretty good job for your first build! Maybe you could think about sanding or filling the ejector pin marks on the spare tracklinks, they're kinda ugly!

I do wonder about chipping with grey, but that's the rivet counter in me thinking of historical accuracy!

The dio should be very interesting, do you have figures to go with it?

Cheers

Patrick

C

Cobra69

@ mobear, thanks for your kind remark

@ dubster72, Yeah you're right about the ejector marks that was an oversight on my part, the chipping is a very dark metallic grey which i mixed up with gunmetal grey and black. What would you suggest as a good colour for chipping with, as i'm always open to suggestions or help. And i have another 2 of these tanks to build, 1 with the Henschel turret and another Porsche turret so good ideas are always welcomed. As for figures i toyed with the idea of getting some but decided not to bother

P

phalinmegob

bloody hell, if thats your first build i would hate to see what you could after you have been practising for few months, very good mate,have to agree about the ejector pin marks,but then again i am the world worst for filling them

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi IanThanks for the kind remarks, as for the tracks you are correct the inside parts between the wheels and tracks would be a lot cleaner, but the plan is to set in a muddy field diorama and sink it slightly into the mud so they will be covered anyway
Ah now that We gotta see! A 1/16 scale dio is some thing you dont get to see everyday!!!

Ian M

D

dubster72

Well if you haven't glued the spare track onto the turret, take em off & sort them! No point in spoiling a great tank ;)

As for chipping, light chips are usually represented by flakes of lightened base colour & deeper chips with a dot of the primer colour. In this case it would be red oxide as that's what late German tanks were primed with.

Cheers

Patrick

C

Cobra69

\ said:
bloody hell, if thats your first build i would hate to see what you could after you have been practising for few months, very good mate,have to agree about the ejector pin marks,but then again i am the world worst for filling them
Hi

More than a few months i think lol, it took about 7 months to do that one

\ said:
Well if you haven't glued the spare track onto the turret, take em off & sort them! No point in spoiling a great tank ;) As for chipping, light chips are usually represented by flakes of lightened base colour & deeper chips with a dot of the primer colour. In this case it would be red oxide as that's what late German tanks were primed with.

Cheers

Patrick
I'll give those chipping ideas a try out for my next build and also use some of the grey for deeper chips that have gone down to the bare metal, think that will be a good blend if done right, As for the tracks they are fixed on so i might just leave them as a reminder not to do it again lol :nono:

P

panzer6

Hi. Size of this model makes it real. Wheatering done very good. I like it. Your Tiger is perfect. Keep going just like that. Regards.