1/24 Revell Cobra 427 S/C

B

Bari

Here ends the experiment with the Nissan clear coat touch up kit. I think its come out ok. For those that haven't read the thread in the Painting chitchat section. The body was painted in a mixture of Humbrol acrylics No3 and No11. Then as I had found an old Nissan touch up kit comprising of little pot of body colour and a pot of clear coat I decided to use the clear coat to see how it came out. I gave the body two coats of it before the decals and then two coats afterwards. Then polished it with auto wax. I am quite pleased with it especially as its my first car, and my first attempt at airbrushing with acrylics. You will of course notice that the bonnet doesn't quite close, it was quite warped and despite repeated dips in hot water this was the best I could get it. also the rear view mirror and headrest are missing, this is because I forgot to drill the holes for them and didn't want to risk scratching the bodywork after I had polished it.

View attachment 79675

View attachment 79676

View attachment 79677

View attachment 79678

View attachment 79679

View attachment 79680

View attachment 79681

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

025.JPG

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
turned out very nice

dont worry too much about the hood, common defect on this kit

D

dubster72

That's really good Barry, I've always liked the Cobra & this is a lovely example.

Cheers

Patrick

J

John Huggins

Great build Barry, love the paint job came out very smooth.

Top marks from me.

John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking cobra barry, the gloss has worked great. Loving the heat staining on the exhausts too - fantastic! cheers tony

P

Polux

Magnificent first attempt Barry!

I really like your paint work. And it's fantastic you try new things ;)

Polux

B

Bari

Thanks for the comments chaps, I did wonder if the clear coat would work as it looks like very thick milk when it goes on.

A

Andy Mac

Superbly done Barry, the paintwork has come out excellent.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Top marks for that one Barry.

It sure is a good smooth gloss finish you have got on it.

Ian M

W

Willi262

I like the green paint in the tire sidewall, it's a nice touch. I almost want to take a micro-fibre chamois to it, like it was in the driveway, just after a wash...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think it looks great Barry, lovely coat and top marks for the decals, I would have made a right mess of them.

Si:smiling3:

B

Bari

I must admit that the decals were a bit of a pig, especially the ones over the rear wheel arches which took many application of microsol to settle down. Also at the rear I had to cut the decal off short as it split and crumpled as it went on. There were decals for the coloured bands in the tyres which also ended up as a tangled mess hence two days of gently dripping very thin acrylic into the recess then gently rubbing down around the edges to get rid of the little trembly spills. In hindsight that turned out better as the decals were a shade of blue so I was able to use the same colour as the body.

T

treyzx10r

Awesome looking Snake Barry,really liking the finish! Very nicely done Sir!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great result. I've never built a car before, but your Cobra is tempting me.