eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice job on a problem kit Scott.

N

noble

Iam edging that way myself although might use German grey for horizontal surfaces tp add some definition to it.

Scott

First Name
Robert
When I did my mosquito nightfighter when I did my research the RAF used an anti glare black paint top coat so I tried to tame down the black by adding a touch of grey to the mix ( believe it was revel number 43 to tame the Matt black look, will try to get some pics on for ref for you

Regards

Robert

N

noble

Cheers Robert much appreciated, black is one of those difficult colours to paint well.

Scott

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good Scott your doing some Stirling work.

I would like to see the Africa colours love the colours but not to worry if you go for the night fighter scheme I've done my Hercules Africa colours

N

noble

It doesn't just have to be those two choices I was thinking something with invasion stripes possibly.

Scott

D

dougie

Good work Scott, are you re-scribing this or replacing the lines that have been sanded

N

noble

Replacing the likes, iam going to try using fine copper wire to do it, if it is too big I will scribe a line between the two raised panel lines and sit the wire in it hopefully to make everything match up.

Scott

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I do like the Beafighter Scott and I admire how people manage to trun these old ktis into real gems and you are certainly on the way to doing that.

N

noble

Cheers Barry, that means a lot mate as you know iam a tanky don't often do things with wings so if you have an idea for a colour scheme iam taking suggestions.

Scott

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A bit late now and anyway you've fixed the issue . I've not made this kit but many old aircraft kits can have some nasty steps, either in the wing to fuselage join or, as here, at the outer wing. I usually join the upper and lower wing parts separately to whatever they attach to with no step. This will leave a gap along the leading edge of the wing. This is much easier to deal with than a step at the join and almost all aircraft had a smooth leading edge meaning your repair shouldn't involve losing any detail.

Cheers

Steve

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I do like the desert scheme, Mid-Stone/Dark Earth, but there really are a lot of great schemes tro choose from.

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/296/9/0

N

noble

Steve, Barry and Robert thanks for all your input and help and the great pics, she is getting there and I have to say maybe the whole things with wings isn't as scary as I once thought I actually like this kit.

scott

First Name
Robert
Hi Scott

Just a query question for you. You say your using copper wire on the beaufighter as it has raised lines etc.( think that's right.

Well at the weekend I snapped up an old 1982 Airfix GRumman Prowler ( very cheap) it's all there I think and has raised panel lines. When I get round to building it I'm thinking would the copper wire work the same for this kit once the sanding etc is done ( where I may lose panel lines

I'm not proficient with jets and raised lines even worse for weathering etc so thinking if I ca the copper wire where lost panel lines are and then sand down a wee bit? I don't fancy going down the road of sanding the complete structure and then re scribing as this would be very hard for me

Regards

Robert

N

noble

Hi Robert let you in on something Monica told me, test a piece of copper wire against the original raised panel lines, if it stands out too much then scribe a line joining the to halves of the panel line where you have sanded, then try sitting the wire into the scribed line with CA, now I test fitted my copper wire against the raised lines on my beaufighter last night and it all fits and blends beautifully no trouble at all. Before this sand all your seam lines away then try this idea, you should only be applying small amounts of copper wire where you have sanded to get rid of your seam lines.

scott

First Name
Robert
Thanks for that advice Scott I'll

Copy it down and drop in the box for when I get to do it possibly start next week. Trying to get all my other projects completed first

Thanks again

Robert