1/32 Revell HE111 build

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Hello all: I would love to share with you my progress on the lovely beast of a model kit known as the new Revell 1/32 He111. I've started the build last week and the pictures below are fairly current: Trials and tribulations to follow......... This is one difficult kit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looks like a nice clean build so far Jeff. The wood effect looks particularly good will follow this build with interest. I have been tempted by this model, the only thing that puts me off is sheer size of it!. Keep the good work up.

Vaughan

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
ooooo watching this. I've just bought this kit :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Veeeery nice. I have considered one of these but I remember the fight I had with their Ju88,which has worked as a sort of aversion therapy. I'll be following you along and am interested to hear what you think about this one.

Cheers

Steve

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Thanks for all of your kind comments everyone! Steve: Did you happen to keep popping out the windows during the build on the Ju88 by chance? This one is becoming a real nightmare due to avoiding the windows with my hand and needing to hold the fuselage together which resulted in my poor fitting wing root section.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Not the windows,though the fit of the clear parts on the nose left something to be desired. There were some very fiddly internal parts,not helped by poor molding and a lot of flash. I also had to do a bit of work to get the wings to fit symmetrically though this was due to a mistake I'd made,and failed to notice,earlier.

These are big models. My Ju88 just about fits on my display shelves and dwarfs Altner's Me262 and Lanowski's P-47 (not exactly a small aircraft) on either side of it.

Cheers

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It's going to be great when it's done Jeff, the office is spot on bud.

Have fun, John

V

Vajled

i'm looking at that model in the store.. mmmmmmmmmmmm...

how big it is?

great, great choice for work... following this :smiling3:

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm not getting reply notifications through email: is there a delay on the thread before this happens? I've checked my settings and so far the correct options are selected. Thanks, Jeff

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
She's coming on nicely Jeff. I've just opened my box today to have a look at the kit. She's a big'un that's for sure. No idea where i'm going to put it when i build it lol

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Jeff

This is coming along great! Cockpit looks excellent and the wooden boards look very realistic. I have this kit too so will follow this thread with interest.

All the best

Paul

Ps What scheme are you going with?

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Thanks guys. I've ordered a decal set from Hannants which at the moment is not near me. It one for spring but at this rate I probably won't be getting this plane done anytime soon due to increased work schedule. Take care, Jeff

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a cracking looking He111 you got there Jeff.

I'll enjoy watching this grow.

Tony