1:32 Tiger Meet Tornado

H

Hawk

K here goes my first build :smiling3:

Unfortunately the photos I had previously seem to be missing so will have to start from fuselage partly assembled.

I'm using revell enamel paints and airbrush.

The build stalled until I got airbrush last week so first time with one of those too.

View attachment 56666View attachment 56667

After assembling main fuselage used some standard spray primer filled in the joins and rubbed down, done approx 3 coats of primer with rubbing down between coats and more filling as required.

View attachment 56668View attachment 56669View attachment 56670View attachment 56671View attachment 56672

I won't be doing much more for a couple of weeks as I'm working on another build - 1:24 F1 car.

I look forward to hearing all the comments :smiling3:

View attachment 58714

View attachment 58715

View attachment 58716

View attachment 58717

View attachment 58718

View attachment 58719

View attachment 58720

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

First Name
Dave
Looks like a really nice kit.Should be an impressive model in that colour scheme.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks good Hawk. I've got two of these to build except mine will be a GR1 and the other a GR4

H

Hawk

Thanks guys looking forward to getting back to it. I was thinking that for the stripes rather than using the decals I would paint them on.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I was thinking that for the stripes rather than using the decals I would paint them on.
Use tracing paper to get the outline from the decals then transfer it to some tape/mask if you are going to paint it. Would look better painted but would involve alot more work to do so

H

Hawk

\ said:
I'd stick with the decals as well. You would have to be very skilled with an airbrush to reproduce the same effect as those decals.Which I'm not!.
OK model build continues. As you can see the base coat is done, before I continue I was wondering what I need to do next? Having looked through forum I couldn't see a straight forward answer. Do I need to apply a lacquer before the decals? I have tamiya ts-80 would this be OK? I saw mentioned klear coat haven't seen any in local model shop.

M

mobear

klear you might find in Morrisons but the decals adhere best to gloss rather than a matt,also helps stop the decal from silvering,then once done just a matt varnish or whatever you do to finish it

mobear

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's going to be an awful lot of work doing them by hand. Having said that, they look great what you've done so far.

H

Hawk

\ said:
That's going to be an awful lot of work doing them by hand. Having said that, they look great what you've done so far.
Thanks Colin

I prefer painting them as I hate decals. Having just botched a couple of main decals on my 1:24 F1 car.

Spent the last couple of weeks doing the base black for the tail and sorting out the undercarriage. Will post some more pics later on in week.