1:35 Austrian Building

M

mobear

i will be watching you build this with interest so far looks good

mobear

A

AJay

That's a great-looking building, Ray. Looking forward to seeing how you paint and weather it. :smiling3:

D

dubster72

You're putting a lot of good work into this one Ray! I would never have thought of adding the lead on the roof!

Patrick

P

Polux

That's looking great Ray. I want to see your weathering lead, I'm sure it will be terrific!!

Regards

Polux

S

sprayman

Cant thank you all enough for the encouragement, its all very much appreciated.

So I got the basic colour scheme sorted, and after looking at tarnished lead, and a quick read up it seems it weathers leaving a white oxide on it, so a touch of grey oil wash, then just some greyish white pastel powders dabbed on it, fixed with iso, so here how the basics look,.

Now its time to get the basics done on the inside, then I can flat coat it and start to beat it up a tad and get it weathered in, and try and get it all to blend together.

The exposed brick work needs to be broke up a bit, but will get to that when the weathering starts.

Thanks for reading.

Ray

D

dubster72

Looking very good Ray, I like how you've done the weathering on the lead. Just shows the beauty of t'internet, no need to climb onto someone's roof!

Patrick

B

beav1013

\ said:
Just shows the beauty of t'internet, no need to climb onto someone's roof!Patrick
hahahahaha.

"Excuse me, sir! What are you doing on my roof?!"

"Oh, don't worry about me. Just doing some research..."

C

CDW

You dont want to make the lead look too real Ray....

You'll have some dodgy 1/35 scale travellers coming along and nicking it!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

S

sprayman

Many thanks guys..appreciate you taking the time to comment....thanks all..

:laughing: @ the lead gags.......nice ones guys

First Name
Aaron
Hi Ray i like the house do far. Have you been to miniarts webpage? They have a tut of a pro building and painting one of these. If anything good for a look at the steps that are used to produce a wonderful kit heres the link HTH

MiniArt: Plastic model kits, AFV, Historical miniatures & Figures, Building & Accessories

Scroll down on the left to assembly guide than check out paint guide.