1/35 BTR-70 APC with brush painted Digital Camouflage.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Ron,
Great job with the mop and bucket, i bet the eyes were a little out of tilt after all that marking out... First class job.
Mike

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the great comments chaps.
Hopefully once the eyes are back to some sense of normality I'll be able to paint a bit more.......:flushed:

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Eyes back to normal(ish) so onwards I go....

This time I've remembered to take a picture of the second stage.
This is the second lightest colour - Camo. Grey. I intend to leave the hatches etc. 'Undigitaliseefied' to add a bit more contrast and to :confused: the enemy a bit more....

All a bit rough and wishy washy, but my idea is to just get the basic pattern down. Then with my brush I can cut the colours in during subsequent coats of paint.

P1220378.JPG

The back end. I'm not bothered about any slight difference in the square sizes, I will hopefully be able to rectify these at a later stage in the process.
P1220366.JPG

Here's it is with the addition of the final darker colour Mid. Grey. I have also started to generally tidy up the 'squares' and obliterate the pencil marks brushing on the three colours as and where they are required.
P1220376.JPG

The front of the model. See how the pencil marks are clearly seen? Don't fret none. They will vanish in due course...... :thumb2:
P1220374.JPG

There you go. It's now too warm in my den to continue painting, so into the garden I go......:cool::thumb2:

Cheers.
Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Excellent job there sir. I like it. Are you using a pointy brush or a flat the size of the squares? Whatever it looks good.
Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Ron outstanding job a credit to the hairy stick brigrade, well worth the admission fee, keep up the excellent work.
Pete.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You sir have the patience of a saint, the hands of a surgeon and a will power far greater than I have ever known!

Great job so far.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
570, one day down the road you will pick up that model and upon reflection ask yourself how in the H*ll did I ever do that? Great result mate. I find my eyes going buggy just looking at it on the comp. screen. Trying to find the Zulus hidden in the maze! LOL:smiling2: Cheers, Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank for the humorous and complimentary posts. I'm reet chuffed you approve of my efforts thus far..... :thumb2:

Jim - I started off using a fine point 00 size brush but this proved to be too small. I changed to a No.6 fine point and this was spot on. The brush itself looks too large, but as you will already know, it's the quality of the brush point that is more important than the actual brush size.

I've now finished the first stage, the laying down of my basic fictitious digital design.

The turret painting was a pain in the proverbial. The rings around the turret were easy enough, it was the vertical markings that caused the problem. Being conical, the turret lines had to be tapered to the top!

I now look forward to going over the whole d**m thing at least twice to tweek and then straighten things out.

Anyway, here is the first coat of paint completed and thanks again for the great posts.

P1220380.JPG

P1220381.JPG

P1220382.JPG

Cheers all.
Ron

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You can now begin to see the effectiveness of this camo method. The Reichsbahn did something similar with lozenge shaped digits. Very expensive. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Who wants to be first to do this in braille or smaller scale...not I. Great effort so far Ron. Looking forward to the next round.
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your right there Tony .!
570 think this is great, nothing wrong with any of the squares, they blend in perfectly.
My only concert is I can't see any of Ricks Zulu's, I could however see a large flying Midge side view in your superb back ground control the first page lower left !
453 .