1/35 scale Tamiya Panzer 111 .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John what a convincing dio! Outstanding craftsmanship and weathering it looks so real. Ok where do I put the hand warmers and I have to go and get out of my long johns now
Sorry Lee, thought I'd replied. Oh wrap them in foil and lay them on the exhaust.:thumb2:

Fantastic cold dio John, love the heavy snow effect on the panzer and troops.
Neat little detail too with the firewood next to the shed.
One to be proud of:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Hi Fernando , thank you. :smiling3:

Superb result 453.
I've enjoyed watching it come to fruition too!

570 Cheers 453.

truly excellent work John, i love how you've nailed the snow effects.. totally inspiring, :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Chris thank you, that's very kind of you to say, glad it has inspired you.

Hi John truly outstanding work the snow effect on the troops is amazing got to be your best and certainly one to be proud of, one for next June maybe.
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Pete.

Cheers Pete, appreciate your kind comment, never showed any of my models yet and wouldn't know how as not a member of any club.

Thanks all, it was great fun to do and turned out better than I imagined. No doubt luck played a large part. )

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John How about a “Wingy” next

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Seeing this Diorama calls to mind why the East Front Medal was called the "Frozen Meat Order"! BRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr That looks cold! Well done 453, that turned out the Bomb! Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Terrific and teeth chatteringly cold, John R. You know how to torture a person...I'm only in my shorts and T. The last time I saw this it looked like summer with grass. You sure captured the look of Russian winter...frost and snow sticks to you like powder. If any of those guys intend to relieve themslves, they would probably here a clinking sound and suffer severe frost bite. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John How about a “Wingy” next
Hi Lee.
Wingy, ........................... well not really my thing though I've done 3 in total, all Russian of course :smiling3:. Quite like some of the ICM offerings, might have a look.

John,
Bravo Sir, that is an excellent build. it has all come together beautifully. As Pete just said one to be proud of.

Thanks Paul, kind of you to say.

Seeing this Diorama calls to mind why the East Front Medal was called the "Frozen Meat Order"! BRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr That looks cold! Well done 453, that turned out the Bomb! Rick H.

Thanks Rick, I'm still thawing out, how any one survived that cold. The winter of 1941-42 was most severe in European Russia. In the area northwest of Moscow the mean temperature during January 1942 was —32° F., and the 26th of the month in the same area saw the lowest recorded temperature of the entire Russian campaign — 63° F.

Terrific and teeth chatteringly cold, John R. You know how to torture a person...I'm only in my shorts and T. The last time I saw this it looked like summer with grass. You sure captured the look of Russian winter...frost and snow sticks to you like powder. If any of those guys intend to relieve themslves, they would probably here a clinking sound and suffer severe frost bite. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Bet is was Richard, don't suppose you wanted to relieve yourself out in the cold, frost bite !:anguished:.

Cracking dio John, looks perishing!

Hi Greame, thanks mate appreciate your comment .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great blog & modeling result as usual Dzohn. Once you conquered Earth (mud), Fire & Ice, the rest is easy. PaulE
Thanks Paul, kind of you .

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Glad that I was able to find this thread again.. LOVE LOVE LOVE the wintry cold scene...EXCELLENT work all around on this one John... now don’t get all excited and get to thinking about firing up those pyrotechnics skills of yours to melt that frigid ground..

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad that I was able to find this thread again.. LOVE LOVE LOVE the wintry cold scene...EXCELLENT work all around on this one John... now don’t get all excited and get to thinking about firing up those pyrotechnics skills of yours to melt that frigid ground..
No Joe, promise. Going to use my weed burner tomorrow when I go gardening,

1593013883210.pngOOh so much fun. :upside::smiling3::smiling3: