1/35 Thunder Models US Crawler Sixty.

First Name
Andy
Thanks all for the comments, I know I moan a bit about fiddly, fragile parts but I do like building them as the time passes very fast when you are concentrating hard to get it all together. Not too long before I have to start on the tracks, 32 links per side and each link has 3 parts, I can hardly wait! :smiling5:

Andy.

First Name
Andy
Well, it's been a while since I did anything with this model, what with the weather making my attic workshop too warm to work in and me losing a bit of interest in modelling so I went out and bought a new motorbike, as you do. :smiling5: After spending a few weeks playing with that I have now got back to the workshop at last.
52386569105_284532bf00_b.jpg

52386569035_03f987ac1b_b.jpg

Tracks under construction, what a pain they are too so I am just sticking them together with glue as there is no need for them to be movable as the drive sprockets are fixed in place so I reckon if I glue the top run with slowish setting glue I will be able to introduce a bit of sag in them.
52385208682_7d16cca8f8_b.jpg

I should get this finished up before too long and then decide on a colour scheme.
Oops, nearly forgot, so here is a picture of my new bike if anyone is interested.
52263621915_592d17e38b_b.jpg

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Both look good, best thing In my mind re the tracks. Love the bike, have fun .

First Name
Andy
Slowly getting there only the lights and PE straps on the fuel tank to fit before priming.
52461049841_8d6881da40_c.jpg

52461049946_f7c3e1b174_c.jpg

You can not see it in the pictures above, but this lettering on the rad was a bit tricky to do.
52458293227_3d6aeb5ec7_c.jpg

I have not decided on the colour yet as most of the pictures I have found of the real thing are either freshly restored grey or scruffy, rusted grey, what does the collective think?

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Grey with a lived in look Andy seems to look well .Red letter for name .

Interesting video

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Andy dozer looks very detailed an i'll follow on an love your bike is it a royal enfeild ? as ive been tryin to study the tank badge but i wish i could get on her is it a 650cc ? as i was goin to buy a truimph 650 but the bloke put up the price when i went to see about it ROTTER
CHRISB

First Name
Andy
Grey with a lived in look Andy seems to look well .Red letter for name .

Interesting video
Thanks John, I have looked at a lot of videos/pictures and grey seems to be the one to go for.
WELL Andy dozer looks very detailed an i'll follow on an love your bike is it a royal enfeild ? as ive been tryin to study the tank badge but i wish i could get on her is it a 650cc ? as i was goin to buy a truimph 650 but the bloke put up the price when i went to see about it ROTTER
CHRISB
Cheers Chris, the bike is a Royal Enfield 350cc classic, big enough for riding on back roads.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks John, I have looked at a lot of videos/pictures and grey seems to be the one to go for.

Cheers Chris, the bike is a Royal Enfield 350cc classic, big enough for riding on back roads.

Andy.
HI Andy only a 350 cc well to me it looks bigger than that its a single clydinder an not a twin then ? as cant see another exhaust pipe on the other side an have you had her up to the magic number yet ? the ton ? as to me i was always burning about flat out on my suzi 380 GT an oh what id give to go back to them days as no speed cams or such like an freedom of the open rd magic an to me it looks like you still got them days on that bueatifull motor bike as drivein a car is so borein an do they still make this bike ?
you lucky devil Andy
chrisb

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Only just caught this one andy, sorry ,only 5 months late ! Looking superb , its a very detailed kit isnt it , great work with the tricky PE . I love bulldozers , theres just something about them .Theres an old rusty bulldozer that I pass regularly while working and it fascinates me , the tracks look similar to this I wonder if its a caterpillar ? I’ ll have to stop one day and take some pics

Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oops, nearly forgot, so here is a picture of my new bike if anyone is interested.
It's an Enfield 350 classic Chris. 350 single fuel injection, 60HP and as much fun as you could need. Love it.
I want a Gunmetal one!
Was this the reason for your sudden trip to the Isle of Mann. (still no speed limit there?) Andy.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Slowly getting there only the lights and PE straps on the fuel tank to fit before priming.
That looks amazing Andy. If its going to be grey, do it used but not abused.

Reactions: JR
First Name
Andy
It's an Enfield 350 classic Chris. 350 single fuel injection, 60HP and as much fun as you could need. Love it.
I want a Gunmetal one!
Was this the reason for your sudden trip to the Isle of Mann. (still no speed limit there?) Andy.
Just to make it clear, the bike is an all new model from Royal Enfield not to be confused with the long standing Classic 350 and 500cc machines. They advertise it as the 350 Classic reborn, it has a 20.1BHP engine complete with balancer shaft for smooth running and a top speed somewhere around the 75 MPH mark, just the job for country roads. I bought this brand new in August for the princely sum of £4439, great value for money in my opinion.

Andy.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just to make it clear, the bike is an all new model from Royal Enfield not to be confused with the long standing Classic 350 and 500cc machines. They advertise it as the 350 Classic reborn, it has a 20.1BHP engine complete with balancer shaft for smooth running and a top speed somewhere around the 75 MPH mark, just the job for country roads. I bought this brand new in August for the princely sum of £4439, great value for money in my opinion.

Andy.
Looks like a real bike as well! Very nice indeed…..

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Definitely has that 60s/70s look. A beauty. Dozer looks good too.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks superb andy , i see what you mean about delicate bits , some very fine mouldings there. Did they ever make these with a bonnet covering the engine ? Seems like asking for trouble leaving all the motor exposed like that . Mind you it makes for a more interesting model !