1/350 Knyaz Suvorov

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
These rails are actually 3 bar IJN rails from Tom’s Modelworks. i originally started with some pre-dreadnaught rails from Peter at Altantic Models but they were sooooo fine and I ended up scrapping too many attempts. Even these are a ‘b*4!*+@‘ but I think it’s more down to the weird deck shapes, lots of rounded ‘In’s and out’s’. And glue spots should look better once they are painted and have a coat of Matt varnish. Next time I am going to try fixing the rails pre-painting and complete the individual decks before mounting on the hull, spending a lot of time trying to avoid damaging the rails already fixed. 43122150-3325-4731-808C-8A9E35899A4B.jpegE51FE3A2-461D-4A6B-8CEF-1F646A84377D.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOVE your work with the P/E on this battleship an the wethering looks very real an i like the ole first world war ships but i would not try an make a big R/C one as im really into fairly modern ship like my tiger but im thinkin of doin a platic 1/200 kit when ive finished my tiger an my planes but you have done a wonderfull model there an i like very much well done Graham
ATB
Chrisb

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
LOVE your work with the P/E on this battleship an the wethering looks very real an i like the ole first world war ships but i would not try an make a big R/C one as im really into fairly modern ship like my tiger but im thinkin of doin a platic 1/200 kit when ive finished my tiger an my planes but you have done a wonderfull model there an i like very much well done Graham
ATB
Chrisb
Thanks Chris, I do have a 1/72 corvette (revell) which is in my stockpile, should imagine railings etc should be a lot easier (when I get around to it!!).
Not tried 1/200 scale, might have a look at what’s available.
will be watching your Tiger build log from now on.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris, I do have a 1/72 corvette (revell) which is in my stockpile, should imagine railings etc should be a lot easier (when I get around to it!!).
Not tried 1/200 scale, might have a look at what’s available.
will be watching your Tiger build log from now on.
HI AGAIN Graham if you watch my tiger build i hope you like it as its gettin very complex now as tryin to get all 4 guns to flash with the gunfire system so more eletrics today an your corvette is it the SNOWBERRY one as they make into an exccellent model an as its 1/72 YOU can put on loads of detail an even make it R/C to sail as ive seen sevaral of these models up my pond an they sail nice
ATB
chrisb

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
HI AGAIN Graham if you watch my tiger build i hope you like it as its gettin very complex now as tryin to get all 4 guns to flash with the gunfire system so more eletrics today an your corvette is it the SNOWBERRY one as they make into an exccellent model an as its 1/72 YOU can put on loads of detail an even make it R/C to sail as ive seen sevaral of these models up my pond an they sail nice
ATB
chrisb
Hi Chris
yes it’s Snowberry, not sure whether to do it straight from the box or save up and invest in some upgrades from Great Little Ships, they are very expensive. Seen quite a few waterline builds and am suffering major confidence issues about my abilities

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s looking great Graham. Nice to see a Pre Dread build, it’s a very interesting period in naval history.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
yes it’s Snowberry, not sure whether to do it straight from the box or save up and invest in some upgrades from Great Little Ships, they are very expensive. Seen quite a few waterline builds and am suffering major confidence issues about my abilities
WELL Graham unless you buy the upgreades for it you wont know what you can achieve will you an you must be confidence or you wont do it
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work on those railings. Planning is a big factor, ensuring the uprights are in the right place especially on those symmetrical, curved edged decks.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work indeed, even as I don't build any floaty things .

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
Read up on a Jim Baumann build and he mentioned using a black permanent marker on his railings (1/700) coz it didn’t clog them with paint, might give that a try. No, I WILL give that a try.

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
Added some rope walks to the lower and middle yard arms (scratch from 0.02mm brass from Albion Alloys). Not accurate but thought the mast areas looked bare. Decided that this model is so crud that I will give up on a lot of the planned detailing and just concentrate on the really crude mouldings, going for an aesthetic rather than accuracy. 6A2592F3-A21D-4384-93E7-600353646189.jpeg