1/400 Scale Tiny German S Boat from Heller

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, Just when I thought I had completed this build I decided to paint in the camouflaged pattern to the hull today so this is how it started...

The sprue shots...

mini0001.jpg
Assembling...
mini0002.jpg
Then the finer details being added...
mini0003.jpgmini0004.jpgmini0005.jpgmini0006.jpgmini0007.jpgmini0008.jpg
Photo etch from the spares box and plastic rod made up the depth charges and racks.
mini0009.jpg
Foil and more etch for the canvas and railings.
mini0010.jpgmini0011.jpg
Plastic strip for the gun shield.
mini0012.jpg
Stiff wire for rigging supports and flag staff plus more plastic strip for a raised pedestal behind the bridge. Surprisingly the kit comes with a binoculars.
mini0013.jpgmini0014.jpgmini0015.jpg
Painting commences.
mini0016.jpg
Dark grey for the surface and decks and light grey for the sides and hull.
mini0017.jpg
Black was used for the waterline booting.
mini0018.jpg
Run out of room for images so will continue next page...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
If that cutting mat is marked in cms then you're crazy. At that scale what you've done is amazing - and there's more to come.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi again, we will continue with the finished shots before I decided years later to add camo...

mini0019.jpgmini0020.jpgmini0021.jpg
At the time I used the finest thread I could find and coated it with bees wax over a flame to reduce the fuzz from the cotton.
mini0022.jpgmini0023.jpgmini0024.jpg

Now I'll place two images of the camouflaged patterned boat here and put the rest in the completed section.

mini0025.jpgmini0027.jpg
I did some detail touch ups and washes to enhance the boat further now with Vallejo paints. The new look took me just a couple of hours of enjoyment to distress from the rigging I had just completed with the last two destroyers. Hope you like it. See the rest in the completed section.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
If that cutting mat is marked in cms then you're crazy. At that scale what you've done is amazing - and there's more to come.
Hi Jim, for a better reference to scale I have shot it together with the large Tamiya paint pot in the completed section.

Cheers,
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm starting to worry about you and your eyes Richard....Do you happen to own stock in a spec-savers store???

Beautiful camo work on this little guy Sir!!!..............

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I'm starting to worry about you and your eyes Richard....Do you happen to own stock in a spec-savers store???

Beautiful camo work on this little guy Sir!!!..............

Prost
Allen
The eyes are getting tired and even focusing on my cellphone is quite challenging. Thanks for the concern and I wish. :tears-of-joy:
Fun stuff to break away from etch railing and rigging. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard