1/48 KV "Big Turret"

M

msm2

While waiting for my new compressor and airbrushes to be delivered I decided to start building a Hobby Boss KV "Big Turret" At the moment have done a few steps,dry and glued to see how it fits together.

View attachment 19016

Looks OK so far. Comments and advice most welcome.

Tony..

View attachment 26530

100_5632.jpg

F

Fenlander

Nice one Tony, I am just setting up to start the T34/85 flattened turret. Does the KV have the interior detail of the T34s?

F

Fenlander

In that case, use the T34 as a rough guide and scratch build one :laughing:

M

msm2

Erm.... I may. Where did I park that T-34. Oh on top of the neighbours car....

Tony..

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

Whoa, that is some weird looking tank. I to am impressed with them Tony. Only got the T34/85 with full interior as yet but it only cost me £8!!!!! A Tamiya one is getting on for £20 for some of the 1:48. Having read reviews, I have seen some amazing builds and sadly, on one forum, a guy gave up saying it was such a bad model it was un-finishable (no such word until now).

I don't believe any model cannot be finished and I am really itching to get started on it.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Only got the T34/85 with full interior as yet but it only cost me £8!!!!! A Tamiya one is getting on for £20 for some of the 1:48.
Talking of price differences .....

I visited my local Modelzone t'other day. I had no money - I just wanted to see what was about. They've still got a few of the Revell 1/35 Su 100 tank destroyers on offer at £7.50. Two shelves away they've got the Tamiya version - at £51 !! And is it right? I'm sure I saw the 1/48 Spit that Steve's done such a cracking job of - at £103 !!

Gern

M

msm2

I would buy some more of the 1/48th but my local model shop doesnt stock them unless I ask them to order,which I may do at £8.10 shot cant complain.

Tony..

M

msm2

Now info which has come to light that Russian tanks didnt have primer on them.(Ray) I will have to repaint the KV and its components in green.

Tony..

M

msm2

No probs. At least I got to practice spraying with one of the new airbrushes. I think I am getting the hang of it.

Tony..

S

sprayman

Before you commit, maybe a good idea to get a second opinion, my Russian tank knowledge is limited.

S

sprayman

I like that green,I also like the undertone the red has made also.