1/48 Otaki KI-61 Hien (Tony)

T

treyzx10r

The kit is the first Otaki I've come across with such a huge gap in the wing/fuse joint. I mean its friggen HUGE!

I cut some .8mm styrene to fill the gap

on to the office next

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Yet more Japanese birds Trey. You're not planning a surprise attack on the beautiful islands of the Hawaiian archipelago are you! If you start on an aircraft carrier I'll be really worried :smiling5:

The fit isn't great on that kit then,it seems to have had more of a canyon than a gap. Nicely sorted though.

Cheers

Steve

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Well fixed Trey.

This is coming along nicely.

What are the new Imperial Japanese Airforce intentions please :thumbs-up:

Tony.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
YIKES!! ive got this one in the stash trey, hope mines a bit better fitting !!! cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Steve,no carrier but I do have a plan of attack that will be revealed very soon;) Tony thanks the plan is still top secret maybe a code breaker will slip out the info very soon though! Tony I sure hope yours is better this is about as bad as I care to deal with myself.I'm pressing on and finding a few more fit isuues. The wing trailing edge has a large gap I think in part because the cockpit floor is also the bottom fuse under the radiator intake. I'm doing a gear up build so I had to thin down the gear doors and trim away some of the raised detail in the wells. The gear doors fit really well on this kit unlike the Tojo. The fuse halves fought me hard and are going to need some tweaking here and there but nothing major. The canopy is pretty rough but I'm going with it ,might add some character and I'm pimpin' on a budget

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh I hate secrets!!!

I s'pose I will just have to keep an eye on your posts.....

That was some crevice you had at that wing root. Looks like you solved it with out to many issues.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Roman thanks! Ian sorry to keep you in suspense just want to make sure I can pull it off before I reveal what its going to be. Yes the gap was pretty bad well more progress and a few more gaps to deal with

T

treyzx10r

Green Squadron putty time,I run a q-tip soaked in acetone over it to smooth it down.

T

treyzx10r

I'm calling it finished,not real happy with this one ,the fit was pretty bad in a lot of areas and I could've done more to it just got frustrated and wanted it off the bench.

some retro

First Name
Dave
You've made a good job of that Trey.The paint scheme makes a change from the usual Jap dark green finish.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job trey, nice result. I hope mine is a better fit!!! cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for all the great comments from everybody really appreciate the support! Was tired of the green myself that was a deciding factor for this version,thanks again gang! Tony hope yours is a better mold for sure!