1/48 Testors Lysander MKIII

T

treyzx10r

Connor wanted to do a Lizzy next ,after the Tiffy He has developed a liking of RAF subjects. Basic old Testors molding thats kind of 'klunky' and has some accuracy issues interior wise. The flash was minimal but there are a few heat sinks that are deep and lots of ejector pin marks as well. The basic fit is good however and it looks the part. I would like to do one of the new releases but just ca'nt bring myself to pay what they are getting for them,this Testors kit set me back a wopping $10.00 just could'nt pass it up.

the worst heat sink actually is so deep its a 'sink hole'

I stretched some sprue and glued it in place with tennax

Sanded flush

B

Bunkerbarge

I'm sure Connor will be as happy with a cheap model as he would be with a very expensive one so I suspect the subject matter is the more important issue. Apart from the sink marks I think the surface detail looks pretty good and a wash will bring out those screw heads nicely.

It will improve his aircraft recognition skills as well!

T

tecdes

Great looking aircraft.

Like the PBY Catalina both strange beasts & both have such a friendly look about them.

Have both to build in my stock of boxes on the shelf. Catalina first. Love to watch this being constructed Trey.

Laurie

First Name
Dave
I enjoyed building this kit last year.The wing to canopy attachment isnt very strong.I found this out when i dropped mine!.Managed to repair it with pins and superglue though.

V

Vajled

nice plane... so ugly that became so pritty...

following this my friend

Roman

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
good choice of subject trey, we all love a lizzie. The kit looks quite good for external detail (excepting the sink marks ) maybe the interior is a bit simplified but it certainly looks every inch a lysander when done , just search for Dave W 's great build of the italeri boxing of this kit. cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Add my vote to the above. The Lizzie is a favourite of mine.

T

treyzx10r

Richard you're absolutely correct on all ,thanks! Laurie ,thanks looking forward to seeing the Cat build! Dave thanks and hope you do'nt mind me referencing your build,really enjoyed watching it go together. Roman thanks ,you described it to a tee. Tony yes the seats and IP are not even close,totally agree it will look the part and yes Daves build was a great one! Thanks Colin!

Connor jumped on the engine and did'nt do half bad

I tackled the Ip ,started with a sheet of styrene and drilled the inst holes. Then filled with canopy glue for the glass faces

T

tecdes

Hey Trey that is model making. That is dedication. Recently tried a few small additions myself. Some OK some not. But a great feeling of satisfaction when they turn out OK.

I like that, watching this like a hawk.

Great assistant. Mine have all fled the family home.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Connor certainly has a great look of concentration there. I reckon we've just gained another to our ranks.

Colin M..

B

Buttonman

Nice one Conner another one for your ceiling :emo12:

Cheers

Martin

T

treyzx10r

Laurie thanks,most of mine have fled multiplied and returned! Ian thanks! Colin yes Connor is hooked now,geuss soon he'll need to log in as a full fledged site member lol. Martin ,Connor says thank you Sir!

I did the lewis gun up

Connor did the dry brush on the gun and ammo drums

Dry fit of the canopy looks decent

T

treyzx10r

More progress,modified the wheel pants to scratch the landing lights

Then drilled out the tail gear and fixed the intake

Also sratched the spars and masked the canopy

V

Vajled

:flattered:

great... just great

I know tray that without help what you have will not be beauty like this how it's now

Great job booth of you :smiling3:

Roman

B

Buttonman

Really coming on now conner keep it up and keep pestering your dad for more, Little Men can never have enough models,paints,glues and anything else you find in the model shop.

Please call me Martin, Sir makes me feel old, Swmbo says i've got a mental age of "8" :emo12:

Cheers Conner and dad.

Martin

T

treyzx10r

Ole ,thanks! Roman appreciate the kind words,yes the help is needed lol! Martin thanks, sorry did'nt mean to make you feel old, Connor is required to say Sir and Mam until given permission not to. So Martin it is going forward!

We did get some building in today. We drilled out the exhaust pipe end