1:50 Scale Truck Dock/Bay Diorama – Final Photos

First Name
Charles
I am closing in on the finishing of this build. I have some details to add here and there. Then I will be figuring out how to add lights. That is another heap to jump over. But I will give it a try. The wall at the left of the dock was not really my idea; but the client wanted it there. I personally won't have incorporated it there, because of the depth of field transition from the dock. I think it blocks off and enclose the area a little bit too much. But every view is different, so the client gets his wish. :smiling3: So these will be the final photos concluding this build. Thanks for watching and giving your support.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Again, top notch work!!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Love the HVAC stuff. Grate details.:smiling2:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful.

I gotta ask. What are the two brown curvy lines on the wall? Only thing I can think of is the painter's ladder falling over and him getting back up again!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is excellent Charles. Lot of interest created by all the little details.

First Name
Charles
Beautiful.

I gotta ask. What are the two brown curvy lines on the wall? Only thing I can think of is the painter's ladder falling over and him getting back up again!

HAHAHA!!! Good one. Actually, nothing. I wanted to see if I could add some kind of art but I was not too successful. :smiling3: But it does give a sense of something that was or is part of the construction. :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
Updated this diorama just before the client picked it up. I added lights and and some other minor details(unfortunately you cannot see in the photos).Here are some photos of the lighting effect and an interior photo to extend to give the illusion that the interior of the hall(diorama) extends beyond.

Also had added scratch built the conduits, on the roof, to give it that busy look and to take it, 'one step further' . I think adds interest to the building as is. I just have to fine-tune it a bit, glue it, paint it's.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Charles,

Simply brilliant. Excellent touches!

ATB.

Andrew