1/72 IJN Type 2 Ka-Mi w/floating pontoon

J

Josh

Hello Guys,

Been meaning to post this one up for a while.

As per usual i have attached a couple of pictures and the rest can be seen at the below:

http://www.complete-models.com/completed-models/military-vehicles/172-ijn-type-2-ka-mi-wfloating-pontoon/

Comments welcome :smiling3:

View attachment 106299

View attachment 106300

image.jpg

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superb job Josh ........ Really clean build of an unusual subject in small scale. I like that a lot.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superb Josh,for a wee one its great looks nice and clean build,top job,i do like it, ;)

L

Laurie

Very nice model Josh especially at 1/72. very nicely put together.

Like the shading on the panels. Shading does not always record on photos well but this looks good and show the very nice subtle shading.

Very unusual model. I am all for more varied models which I think brings more attention and interest. Also find them more interested to make than high flying aircraft.

Laurie

J

Josh

\ said:
Very nice model Josh especially at 1/72. very nicely put together.
Like the shading on the panels. Shading does not always record on photos well but this looks good and show the very nice subtle shading.

Very unusual model. I am all for more varied models which I think brings more attention and interest. Also find them more interested to make than high flying aircraft.

Laurie
Thank you. This was my first attempt at shading and using an airbrush. Still have a lot to learn but I'm happy with the result on this model.

I agree, as much as I love military vehicles I do get bored of the mainstream Tigers, panzer and shermans... Always looking for something a little different.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice build Josh, well done mate on building something different.

Si:smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is one "kooky" military vehicle!!:confused:

Awesome cool & different! :smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

Really nice, Josh - I bet you're pleased with your first attempt with the airbrush. One thing - you missed off the Humbrol/Tamiya paint pot in the photos. All these 1/35 scale modellers need to see how small this is!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I was going to have a look at the 1/35 version but at £40+ didn't bother, even the 1/72 at £20 put me off a bit.

J

Josh

Yeah £20 was what I paid. Seems to be the going rate. I must admit I was a little reluctant but after a few days pondering I just had to have it

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yeah £20 was what I paid. Seems to be the going rate. I must admit I was a little reluctant but after a few days pondering I just had to have it
I think, with me, it was the old..."I might make a mess of it." syndrome creeping in, so couldn't justify the price. However, it does make into a very unique build and you don't see many.

First Name
Robert
That is an awesome build and for a 72 scale too a very clean build, I like the weathering and shading you gave acheived

Robert