1/72 Italeri Lockheed Hudson RCAF

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is the awfull husdon that I re-boxed for almost a year due to bad fit issues. We have an IPMS twin engine chalange so I thought "beat it into submition!" LOL

The pre-shading went very well, untill I put the sky S on and lost it all again!

It will be RCAF Coastal Command Temperate Sea Sceeme. I had to mix the dark slate grey (I was surprized to see it actually green) and the sea grey by eye. Might not be correct, but I don't care. I will not be spending any more time anf $ on this nightmare.

Theuns

View attachment 54182

View attachment 54183

View attachment 54184

models 129.jpg

models 126.jpg

models 128.jpg

First Name
Dave
Looks good to me.The nose section looks like a seperate clear section on your photos.Some years ago i built the Classic Airframes 1/48 kit.That had a seperate clear nose. I thought it was a great idea untill i tried to get rid of the join.

T

T. van Vuuren

Yes inseed it is a seperate clear nose that is made up of 3 parts! I had to sand it ALLOT to blent it into the fuselarge (same with the cockpit glass) and then pollish it back to gloss. Man this kit has given me loads of problems.

I am hoping to get some of the top camo on tomorrow.

Theuns

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its still looking good Theuns even with all the problems just shows what skill you have keep up the good work

T

T. van Vuuren

I think it is more a caes of "smoke and mirrior" than skill mate! LOL

If the weather holds I will put on the one cammo colour today.....stay tuned.

T

T

T. van Vuuren

The green is on and a little of the pre shading is visable. I also tried to paint it so that it has some areas a little better covered than orhers. I reconed the effect will be OK.

I used Testors french khaki with a few drops of humbrol 122 to lighten it a tad.

Theuns

View attachment 54190

models 130.jpg

First Name
Dave
Humbrol do a slate grey (no.31) which is the colour i use for coastal command models.But your mix looks good to me.

T

T. van Vuuren

I think the "green-ness" might tone down a bit when the grey goes on.....I hope!

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks good to me!

Steve

First Name
Dave
I would be happy with that.If you look at the Catalina in my gallery,it was painted with Xtracolour paints in TSS scheme. Yours looks a close match to me.

T

T. van Vuuren

In some of the pix I got it seems to vary quite a bit in the actual shade of the colours so I recon it might at some stage looked something almost like this, i'mm sticking with that LOL!

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks good to me too theuns! The slate grey looks fine , it is a strangely named colour- much more of a green than grey. Ive got this kit in the stash (as i wanted to do it in australian colours and the Italeri decal sheet is very comprehensive with 6 options) but after reading the troubles youve had with it i might bung it on e-bay!!! Keep it up mate its looking great, cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job theuns , the nose looks perfect. The colours look spot on too , cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx mate, that nose and canopy took allot of sanding, but I am happy with it.

I was rather surprized at how the grey and "green" blend together to look like one colour from not very far away, maybe something to do with the sea scape it was supose to blend into??

Theuns