1/72 M1070 gun truck

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Tim, I always use the spot metering function but like you say, phone cameras seem to be set up to flatter and show what they think you want rather than what's actually there.

A green background gave about the best result of the lot but I'll give blue a shot

1000007075.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just out of interest how does it come out in black and white? Just wondered if the graduations show more that way? If they do then it’s the colour that’s the problem not the exposure……
By the way, that set is pretty good if you want to give a figure the Ed Sheeran hair treatment ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I've been trying all morning to get a more realistic picture as to the naked eye it's actually quite close to the real thing, but no matter what background or lighting I try my phone makes it look like it's been Tangoed! :tears-of-joy:
I have that problem when photographing figures with my iPad. The painted shadows and highlights nearly always disappear, leaving the figure looking as if I only put on a base colour for each area.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've been a bit distracted by my sci-fi build but I'm still working on this, adding layers of washes, streaks & filters in between. The blue worked a treat thanks Tim, and filling my phone camera frame with something bright orange, then cropping it out, has helped get the picture at least a bit closer to how it looks in real life:

1000007113.jpg

I'm stuck right now as I'm still searching for one of the MG's. I clumsily knocked this painting stand on the floor and it just evaporated! I can understand losing the tiny gun, but the 7" long skewer has disappeared with it :thinking:

1000007111.jpg

Once that turns up it'll be time for final assembly and some light weathering.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Andy, glad the blue worked out. I think I stole that from the rust set instructions, but it might have been a happy accident.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It looks pretty convincing, if you ask me. Good luck finding the machine gun, though … Maybe lose a part from the SF thing you’re working on? Chances are good that when looking for it, you’ll come across the gun from this kit instead ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Andy.....shame about the gun too....especially as it was stuck to something so big!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It looks pretty convincing, if you ask me. Good luck finding the machine gun, though … Maybe lose a part from the SF thing you’re working on? Chances are good that when looking for it, you’ll come across the gun from this kit instead ;)
As predicted, I knocked off one of the door mirrors this morning and while searching for it, the gun turned up! :cool:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Wow your work continues to outstand i suppose making it outstanding even better for it being in the one tru scale ;) (its ok I'll put my flack jacket on:tongue-out3:). Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is looking very good indeed Andy. The best way to find the gun is to buy or scratch a replacement and stop looking for the original. The Carpet Monster will often then lose interest and put it back in an obvious place which you have already searched many times! If you listen carefully you can sometimes hear the CM giggling as you retrieve the part.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
As predicted, I knocked off one of the door mirrors this morning and while searching for it, the gun turned up! :cool:
Good to read I’m not the only one who has that problem :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Late to the party again , looking superb andy , the rusty panels really add a bit of interest . Cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you both.

I'm starting to feel like I'm in a bit of a rut with my model making. Maybe it's time to try a different approach for a bit to shake things up :smiling3:
Fire !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing like rust to paint is there Andy, looking fine so far.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh to be able to see that well in that scale:disappointed:. Great job mate.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks John, I certainly can't manage without magnification. :nerd:

Reactions: JR