1/72 : MIKR MIR : Miles M57 Aerovan : jersey Airport Diorama

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

First time ever two kits on the go. Problem with drying times on the Dakota paint system.

Laurie
Proof it was at Jersey Airport (don't you just love authenticity).

zIUxZ2.jpg

And the kit

bku5qo.jpg OMefjK.jpg Q7bGv5.jpg 5UjJR1.jpg

D

Deleted member 5496

Laurie,
A very unusual subject I will follow along.

Yes it is Paul.

This is my third diorama they are all about 8 feet long so there are many kits.

What I have found fascinating is that kits which you may have dismissed I take on as they fit into the subject of the diorama. Very enjoyable.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Hi Laurie.
Interesting aircraft.Never seen or heard of this one.
Rich
Neither had I Richard. Just trolling around pictures of Jersey Airport in the 50/60 era & there it was. Amazingly some one produces a kit.

Laurie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That's one cute little kit Laurie, the fact someone actually manufactured it is amazing and will look interesting in your dio.
Speaking of fat little planes I have a Short Skyvan that I'm dying to build when I have time. I'll have a yellow or orange Beetle parked next to it.
I like the pilot you have and the kit does have quite a detailed interior...looking forward to more.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm not too sure about this one Laurie, no Co-pilot, no Flight attendant, no 1st Class seating........what kind of "fly by night" diorama are you doing anyway?? ;):thumb2: LOL That's a neat little bird you have there.....hope it goes together as good as it looks. Should be a fun little build.

Rick H.

D

Deleted member 5496

Woow this is one of the best kits I have ever had to work on. They make life so interesting with holes & gaps to fill.

Keeps you so busy. Even leave off large lumps from parts so that you can test your ability to restore. So exciting default_yahoo.gif

Laurie

7c9RXt.jpg Dneo4Z.jpg OnDwhD.jpg MLMd90.jpg QzRD0D.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow is right.........this is missing half the plastic in the kit. I hope you got it cheap........you'll probably have to buy a couple more tubes of filler to finish this girl off. I noticed it's on a tricycle landing gear....does all the missing bits make it tail heavy? Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very interesting little plane Laurie.

Will try and keep an eye on it.

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 5496

Wow is right.........this is missing half the plastic in the kit. I hope you got it cheap........you'll probably have to buy a couple more tubes of filler to finish this girl off. I noticed it's on a tricycle landing gear....does all the missing bits make it tail heavy? Rick H.
No just my brain Rick.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Impressed with your post layout, you certainly take your time and a lot of effort into posting.
I like the photo of the Airport, with It's Crital galvanized window frames, very Art Deco. Could see Poirot walking across that concrete.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Glutton for punishment. A picture I forgot to include.View attachment 405925
Hi Laurie, that's supposed to be the engine air vent. :smiling6: On the serious side, good recovery and repair work as the pieces look like they were from a crash site. As for being a tail sitter...no way with all the putty up front. :smiling5: Give your brain a rest you deserve it.

I like the positive commentary you posted on the build of the kit...very reassuring .:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Impressed with your post layout, you certainly take your time and a lot of effort into posting.
I like the photo of the Airport, with It's Crital galvanized window frames, very Art Deco. Could see Poirot walking across that concrete.
Very nice of you John. Enjoy the posting bit. Spent 50 years in Architecture all part of the art bit.

Hi Laurie, that's supposed to be the engine air vent. :smiling6: On the serious side, good recovery and repair work as the pieces look like they were from a crash site. As for being a tail sitter...no way with all the putty up front. :smiling5: Give your brain a rest you deserve it.

I like the positive commentary you posted on the build of the kit...very reassuring .:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard. yes some bits are positively hilarious. The yoke came in two bits stick & top of yoke. Touched the top bit, where the hands go, with Tamiya cement & the whole thing shrank into a blob of plastic.

Laurie