1/72 MiL 24 V

T

T. van Vuuren

This is my Hobbyboss 1/72 MiL 24 V used in Southern Africa by the Angolan and Mozambique Ari Forces.

It has stunning detail for a kit in this scale and it will be a chalanging build to get it right.

I read a few reviews for good MiL 24 V's in this scale and most have hassles with acuracy except for the Hobbyboss wich got it as good as it gets, so I went for it .Strangely it is also the cheapes of all the kits!

The interior colour varied from light blue to "hurt your eyes green" so I mixed up this batch.

Theuns

View attachment 49075

View attachment 49076

View attachment 49077

mi-24d_17_of_28.jpg

MiL 24 002.jpg

MiL 24 001.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice choice theuns! ive been thinking about getting a Hind for a while now , but like yourself had been put off by a few dodgy reviews. This looks like a good kit, ill be watching this one , cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

Tony of all the reviews it seems the Hobbyboss one is as I understand the best of the lot with the least hassles in fit/quality ect. The only thing is a very small seam in the middle of the canopy, but due to the shape it will most likely be the same with all of them.

Theuns

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
The best of the 1:72 Hinds is(are) Zvezda one(s) (They've released several versions now). HobbyBoss has some accuracy issues (main being the cockpit/fuselage join is not tilted when looking at the bird from the front) and as I remember, rocket launchers are missing some tubes. Nevertheless it is still a great model and I can't wait to see you making some progress on her!

Also I would check the references. As far as I remember, only the instrument and switch panels in the cockpit were painted in "USSR Cockpit Green". Other parts of the interior should be black and grey.

T

T. van Vuuren

The cockpit was the green and the rest of the cabin was light blue, same as underside of aircraft.

I painted the switch pannels black and will do some highlithting later as soon as the paint cures. It is a bit cold ind the green still feels a bit soft.

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great pit theuns , very nicely painted, cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

I don't know how the D compares to the A for size (A most likely a tad more roomy) but I had a look inside uor A and there is acres of space there!

Theuns

M

mobear

this looks like a nice whirly bird you are building theuns,good work so far mate

mobear

A

AJay

Like the work you've done on the interior. Coming on very nicely :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
NICE camo theuns!! Its looking great , cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx Tony, The hassle was to actually see what the pattern looks like as the kit pattern of the Russian and Iraqi helies are different tothe Angolan one.

I messed up the canopy masking as usual, I really should practice more!

The demarcation line on the cammo is way to big in 72 scale, but I was to lazy to mask it of.

T