1/72 P-3c Orion

D

Deleted member 81

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
hi Gent's here are some pick's of the 1/72nd Hasegawa p-3c orion I finnished. I upgraded the kit with leds, fiber optics,and micro motors and circut bords for the rotating becons, witch you can't see in these picks the props counter rotate as well,the base I made using black 1/4 in lexsan enjoy. Glenn
It's a new type of sub, sorry Gent's. Glenn

S

Savvy

If photo #1 had some exhaust smoke, it would look real!!

Oh, and the stand was'nt there......and there were some clouds......and a runway, but other than that!! :smiling:

Nice one mate, just imagine what you could do with a 1:48 C130!

Sav.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
If photo #1 had some exhaust smoke, it would look real!! Oh, and the stand was'nt there......and there were some clouds......and a runway, but other than that!! :smiling:

Nice one mate, just imagine what you could do with a 1:48 C130!

Sav.
I have a few I'm working on, one is an old 1960s toy, a boeing 727 mainliner the wing span is 3ft and the body is almost 4ft long. I'm doing it in Fed Ex colors. I scratch built the cockpit and eyebrow windows, tabs/ stabs/ thrust reversers, and filled in the side windows to make it in to a Fed Ex cargo plane. I also scratch built ,the wing root landing light lenz and the nav/strobe lenz at the tip of the wings. I'm lighting this one up as well all nav/strobes are timed correcty . I had a auto body shop mix up the right Fed Ex colors for me as well .Glenn

View attachment 16735

View attachment 16736

REMCO 727-100.jpg

TOY BOEING 727 FEDEX 001.jpg

P

paulc

Very familiar with these; we live right on the approach path to the main runway for BNAS and get these beasts going by overhead at about 100' (sometimes lower depending on the pilot). They'll be disappearing from here soon though, the base is due for closure 2011.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Very familiar with these; we live right on the approach path to the main runway for BNAS and get these beasts going by overhead at about 100' (sometimes lower depending on the pilot). They'll be disappearing from here soon though, the base is due for closure 2011.
Hi Paulc, do you get any EP-3C's flying over? Glenn

P

paulc

Actually, we've had them overhead for so long I hardly notice them anymore.

I presume you're asking about the Aires variant that has a radome along the back and another one underneath? Can't say I've seen (noticed) one, but I know squadrons have been deployed overseas to areas where you wouldn't see subs so there may well be EP's here. Now that you've asked, I have to take a closer look when they're overhead if it's daylight as they come in/take off either day or night.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Actually, we've had them overhead for so long I hardly notice them anymore.I presume you're asking about the Aires variant that has a radome along the back and another one underneath? Can't say I've seen (noticed) one, but I know squadrons have been deployed overseas to areas where you wouldn't see subs so there may well be EP's here. Now that you've asked, I have to take a closer look when they're overhead if it's daylight as they come in/take off either day or night.
Cool, next time you see one fly over get some snap-shots all thou I live next to the largest navel base in the world and six air base's I don't get meny EP-3C's here, and I'm on these base's alot. go figure Thank's Glenn