Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great finish there Theuns

Vaughan

A

AJay

Great colour scheme and build! These 1/72 Academy kits are excellent value for money.

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx guys, these kits build themselves they are so easy LOL!

T

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Theuns, keep up the good work.

Tony.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job on the Academy kit. I built a similar P51 a while back and noticed some original pictures showed the UC doors up, others down ? I think I discovered (well at least for the D version, probably the same for others) that if the flaps are down, so are the UC doors. If on the ground, the flaps are raised, so do the UC doors ! However, M' lord, I wouldn't stand up in court declare this as the truth, but it sort of makes sense.

Colin M......

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi Colin. Acordign to the P-51 Guys I spoke the Main gear doors are colsed and only open in sequince as the gear is cycled. If they are opne all the time like on some other planes it would disturb the critical airflow into the radiator.

But if the plane stands for some time the hydrolic presure gets low and the gear doors start to drop under gravity. Hence the uneven way they sometimes do.

IIRC the flaps are dropped sothat it helps with inspection of the actuators and hindges, and it also helps to get onto the wing and the flap is a no-step area.

Theuns