1/72 Revell Tiger II completed :)

A

AJay

So this build took way too long!

I got bogged down with too many details and bit off more than I could chew. However, I'm pleased to say I've completed my 'Octo-camo' King Tiger. It's not perfect, but I'm quite proud that I stuck with it through the rough times (which there were plenty) and minimal triumphs...lol

To summarize, I used all the new techniques I've learned to date, so have learned a lot and won't be making the same mistakes again. As to the warped display base, that's one of them - I still need to re-paint it black.

View attachment 72451

View attachment 72452

View attachment 72453

View attachment 72454

View attachment 72455

View attachment 72456

View attachment 72457

NOTE- the base warped so lesson learned for next time. Also I need to re=paint it black.

View attachment 72458

View attachment 72459

View attachment 72460

View attachment 72461

View attachment 72462

kt13.jpg

kt12.jpg

KT8.jpg

KT9.jpg

KT10.jpg

kt11.jpg

KT finished November 2013.jpg

KT finished November 2013 -  2.jpg

KT finished November 2013 -  3.jpg

KT finished November 2013 - 5.jpg

KT finished November 2013  6.jpg

KT finished November 2013  FRONT.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You've done a great job on that the weathering looks spot on and realistic.

P

Polux

Wow!

Very nice weathered tank! Looks fantastic, with a great paint work!

Cheers. Polux

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ajay it may have took an age to build, but what a build stunning just stunning mate

I may have to give something like this a go, but in a larger scale

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Alex, very nicely poised and nice photos too.

P

phalinmegob

thats a fantastic model alex, well done......on the base glue a thin strip of balsa a few mill thick all the way around on the bottom flush with the edges and when dry sand it flat on a sheet of sandpaper taped to the desk. it will sand easy as its balsa until you get the bottom edge of the balsa flat then paint it black, it will hide the warped base if it bothers you mate...........

A

AJay

\ said:
Great build Alex, very nicely poised and nice photos too.
Thanks, Joe. Glad you like the photography as it was a nightmare to do with the lighting and my camera....lol

A

AJay

\ said:
thats a fantastic model alex, well done......on the base glue a thin strip of balsa a few mill thick all the way around on the bottom flush with the edges and when dry sand it flat on a sheet of sandpaper taped to the desk. it will sand easy as its balsa until you get the bottom edge of the balsa flat then paint it black, it will hide the warped base if it bothers you mate...........
Thanks, Andrew! :smiling3: That's an great idea! Everything is stuck in place and I don't want to tempt fate, but that's an excellent idea! I may still have a go at some point.

First Name
Gregg
That is just Ace, the weathering and damage is just so realistic!

Gregg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Worth the wait alex ! the effects are superb , cheers tony

First Name
Andy
Hi Alex,

I think you jest Sir, there is no way this is that small with so much detail, dude, do you have the eyes of Superman...:eek:

Super top marks for this...:cool:

Andy...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is top draw modelling at its best. A seriously small project brought to life by a seriously talented model maker. Not to mock or disparage the many superb talents on this site, after all we are all working at different levels and trying to improve our skills, but this level of modelling is masterful. A chocy gong from me and I doff my cap to you good sir.

Si:smiling3: