1/72 SCALE: DC-3 DOWN IN THE FROZEN WASTES.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nicely done Si, a silk purse out of a sows ear time, have a good rest at the caravan mate, get well soon and see you when you get back.Tony.
Thanks Tony, yeah, what else can you do when it is wrecked? Wreck it some more :D Chuffed you like it mate, thanks for commenting.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Although this is finished I couldn't help but think it was lacking in something, so decided to add some debris, this particular model came with skis, which suited the board superbly, so added the undercarriage assembly and the ski all buckled and twisted. Also I added some ice effects, they actually look better in reality than in the piccies lol.

View attachment 71711

View attachment 71712

View attachment 71713

View attachment 71714

View attachment 71715

View attachment 71716

View attachment 71717

DSCF1930.JPG

DSCF1931.JPG

DSCF1934.JPG

DSCF1935.JPG

DSCF1936.JPG

DSCF1945.JPG

DSCF1947.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,Another great little dio, am liking the snow effect, it looks like it is sat on a frozen lake, just missed the land behind it...

Andy...
Cheers Andy, your spot on, well that was the idea lol. It had a problem, crash landed, ran along the ground a bit and then ended up in a frozen lake. The snow is a bit too course for this scale, but it also adds a bit of glittering so it catches the light well, used resin mix to do the ice and not pleased really as it sets too slowly and then goes off just like that with no scope for working with, will use Epoxy next time to create icicles. Glad you like it mate, appreciate you stopping by.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You've done it again Si :smiling3: I love the look of it frozen in the snow

See it's not easy saying your taking a break is it mate , I know

Because I've had a bit of a bad cold this week and it's affected my eyes focus so I can't do a lot and it's doing my head in because I can't do more than a few minuets at a time

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You've done it again Si :smiling3: I love the look of it frozen in the snowSee it's not easy saying your taking a break is it mate , I know

Because I've had a bit of a bad cold this week and it's affected my eyes focus so I can't do a lot and it's doing my head in because I can't do more than a few minuets at a time
It is break time now, no more as I am off to the van next week...total rest time. Glad you like it mate, from crap to wreck :D

I hope your missus is looking after you...poor you:sad:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It is break time now, no more as I am off to the van next week...total rest time. Glad you like it mate, from crap to wreck :D I hope your missus is looking after you...poor you:sad:

Cheers Si :smiling3:

My good lady is indeed looking after me , but I have have more bad news !

I go on holiday on Saturday and I'm banned from modelling :eek: I don't know what I'm going to do and also there is a shop that sells models and I've been told I can buy but can't build :sad:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si :smiling3: My good lady is indeed looking after me , but I have have more bad news !

I go on holiday on Saturday and I'm banned from modelling :eek: I don't know what I'm going to do and also there is a shop that sells models and I've been told I can buy but can't build :sad:
WHAT! Do you want me to have a word with her...I will put her straight. You know what to do...if the weather is crap, pester her, she will get soooooooooooooo fed up she will either kill you or let you start building...gotta be worth a try mate.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
WHAT! Do you want me to have a word with her...I will put her straight. You know what to do...if the weather is crap, pester her, she will get soooooooooooooo fed up she will either kill you or let you start building...gotta be worth a try mate.Si:smiling3:
Mate I'm going to sneak my 1/72 angel interceptor into the bag without her knowing lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mate I'm going to sneak my 1/72 angel interceptor into the bag without her knowing lol
You sneaky so and so...how are you going to manage that then, stay up late while the good lady takes herself off to bed?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You sneaky so and so...how are you going to manage that then, stay up late while the good lady takes herself off to bed?Si:smiling3:
More like get up early :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Gawd that looks cold Si!

Good result mate.....have a great break.

Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Gawd that looks cold Si!Good result mate.....have a great break.

Ron
Thanks Ron, I'm glad it has that effect, time to get the thermals out when viewing this.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Grand work Si and as Ron say's it looks very cold job well done
Ta Ian, the snow effect works great on clear resin to give that ice look, but it is slightly too course for this scale I think. All a learning curve. Glad you like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Fiddle, fiddle!

But it works......Nice one Si.

Mind you I've no room to talk.....Wander over to me sub!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Fiddle, fiddle!But it works......Nice one Si.

Mind you I've no room to talk.....Wander over to me sub!
I know, I think it is hard for boarded or dio folk to be one hundred percent happy as the nature of the build dictates that other stuff could be added or messed with. A stand alone model is much more harder to fiddle with.