1/72nd scale R/c Model Boats

G

George

Hi Guys,

If any one is interested in 1/72nd scale r/c boats especially warships I have contacts for USN Flush Decker, RN Town class destroyers, Type 2/3 Hunt Class destroyers obtainable in this country and others obtainable by personal import for Australia including IJNS Yamato.

Also I am looking for other members for Task Force 72UK an off shoot of the Australian Group.

If interested pleae contact me direct on

gpeat@globalnet.co.uk :poster_wa

U

Uncivil Serpent

Okay, to get the grey matter working here, I assume that the Hunt can also be used for the only Type 4, ie HMS Bicester?

Chris

G

George

1/72 nd scale

Chris,

The 1/72nd scale 'Hunt' class destroyer is a different beast from the 'Hunt' class MCMV. The Type 2/3 destroyer was the most prolific of the class and the main difference between them was the armament of the type 3. She had fitted torpedo tubes as per fleet destroyers. The type 2 was an all gun version. The Type 4 was a different ship all together and only 2 of them were built.This is only availabe from APS models in Australia as a personal import.

:wiggle:

George

U

Uncivil Serpent

Right George,

My fault on that one as the type 4's were Brecon and Brissenden. They were ordered under the 1940 War Emergency Programme on 27/07/40 from Thornycroft.

Should have remebered that as John Purvis down here is building one from tin etc.

And I didn't mean the MCMV either.

Just to add a line of interest for anyone thinking of building one of these ship, John English has produced a most informative book on the Hunt's published by the World Ship Society.

Chris

G

George

Hunt Class Destroyers

Yes Chris, I have that book here as part of my reference library. Also the Town class destroyers [ex USN Four stackers]

:zoo_taz: