1.76 attempt at a battlefield

First Name
rob

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes, there are elements that maybe crude, painting etc, but there also many elements that dio and static board makers use, household items, wire, paintbrush bristles etc. Good use of scratch building materials to create this busy dio. As for the painting, don't think mine is much better now to be honest, it has gotten better but my hands shaking mean that detailing can be very difficult.

I like it Rob, like the action scene and the layout. as you say a learning curve, plus I think time is the main element, not rushing a job-I have gotten bored with a model and rushed it, made a right mess, although I don't know if this was your case here. Whatever mate, a dio I would be happy to own.

Si:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well you might call it a bit crude Rob, but there's no denying the effort that has gone into it. Lots of it, nice job.

Colin M..

P

Polux

It's a nice job! Looks an action diorama!!!

I like it!!!

Polux

First Name
rob
thanks guys. ive started to break the habit now of .....oh that will do. since being on our forum ive realised that other members enjoy the works that we all post and its now at the forefront of my mind when i start a model.....what will the lads think? and thats good because our models should be enjoyed so give it your best shot

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like this figures and vehicles nicely painted as Simon says great scratch building , it's got a good layout

Couple of points your river looks static try using some clear bath sealant and smooth it out using the back of a wet spoon to give it a rippled effect

Your barbed wire is a little thick for the scale

But on the hole its great :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
thanks guys. ive started to break the habit now of .....oh that will do. since being on our forum ive realised that other members enjoy the works that we all post and its now at the forefront of my mind when i start a model.....what will the lads think? and thats good because our models should be enjoyed so give it your best shot
Plenty going on there Rob....It shows you have a talent and a good imagination, which shows in the content of your Diorama......The only way to learn is to do.

Every modeller has to start somewhere......Even the obsessive 'Pot Hunter' started in a similar way - although they would never admit it!

Keep in mind though, it's your model and yours alone. So don't be thinking too much what others might think of it......although it's great to get nice comments....

Cheers,

Ron