1/87 Drilling AAA gun & mount.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
1/87 Schatton Drilling AAA gun & mount. Photo is the instructions. Parts came off of blocks OK. The small shield is from Trident Drilling as Schatton was muddy. Started to drill holes.
Closeup of excellent brass gun barrels.
Assembly begins. I will make the standing version as the seat was broken & I prefer it hence the shoulder pads.
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Attachments

• Drilling step 1.JPG
    Drilling step 1.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 1

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul
That’s cool never seen anything like that in 1/87 think I’ll have a sit and do your magic in 1/87

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's nice Paul and different as well. Those barrels must be minute. Did the kit have a figure or are you adding one of your own?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word Paul, that looks a interesting build, are you planning to use it in a dio ot just a stand alone.
I'll sit in the Rabble seating area with Steve and Lee, Rick should be along soon

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No figure was included Steve.
I initially thought to put this build in another cut down 251D like the pic below (for illustrative purposes). Upon a search, I discovered I don't have a spare 251D. Maybe just a vignette w/shed, GI fig & concrete pad like the pic. We'll see if I can get a deal on a Trident 251/21 I can cut up, or maybe mount two in a trailer like some pics I've seen. What do you guys think? PaulE

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Paul,

That Drilling from Schatton is a really nice little kit. They make a bunch of interesting stuff in all scales too. You could do the 251 mod, one or two on an RSO trailer or 5 ton trailer or you could mount one or two on a truck. One on a 3 ton Opel or similar or two on a Büssing Nag S4500. I guess it would depend on what you have in the stash or can whip up as a scratchy build. Either way and what you decide on, it's going to be good!!!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Personally I like the look of the drilling mounted up as per picture....but as Allen says either way will be good!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul, here are a couple of suggestions for you...the top one runs about $9.00 and the bottom one is about $P1010972.JPGP1010974.JPG20.00 not cheap but better detail. Don't recall where I got the finished one but made a nice result also. Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I think as in the picture, but Paul its your build and what ever you think I'm sure it will be good.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Paul,

Those poor beggars in the pic didn't have a chance at all!!!

This was the cargo trailer that was made for the RSO and this might be easier to scratchy than buying new kits. Food for thought (not dark chocolates though).

For Discussion Purpose Only

They do have some pretty high prices for something so small. I could probably get them cheaper here in Germany, but the postage and possible customs on your end would maybe make them even more expensive. I'll take a look and let you know.......................

Prost
Allen

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Allen, adpModelle has a nice one at PanzerFux, but pricey w/S&H. Hated the cart wheels on those above, though the trailer would be easy to scratch. I might just pry off the 38 & mount it here. I never did finish this 251/17.
Like this one. Photo for discussion purposes only.
C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 3

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Went for it. Popped off the 38 & added the trimmed Schatton mount. Also added the upper shield mount like in the discussion photo above. Also working the last towed Preiser 10.5cm howitzer.
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superb conversation Paul, looks the part.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: