120mm Vistula Infantry Legion Figure, 1812 (x2)

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_8281.JPG

My next will be this Moz Corry sculpt for CGS Military Figures of a member of the Vistula Infantry Legion, 1812. The Legion was made up of Poles, and formed part of Napoleon's Grande Armee which, after earlier campaigns, took part in the invasion of Russia.

https___i.pinimg.com_originals_9f_24_56_9f245651f892b15fd90e77b9a3f62c15.png9541310314b26b543c2023923f4ce7f4.png

There are quite a lot of parts:

100_8288.JPG100_8290.JPG

Missing is the pipe, but that's easily made. The base is the same as supplied with a German figure I built earlier in the year.

To compensate for the long delivery time, Graham at CGS kindly supplied some spare parts with the order (I hadn't complained):

100_8289.JPG

These comprise all of the equipment bar the musket, and the figure minus the legs and left arm. I did some test-fitting with some old Miniart parts, and finding that they fitted, I decided to order a full figure in order to provide the missing parts:

100_8287.JPG

These Miniart grenadier figures aren't terribly good, being over-engineered; the bearskin alone consisting of 12 separate parts, but the parts required are more than adequate. It will at least provide a slightly different stance and allow for a vignette with the first figure. The legs have the longer leggings, but that's something that could easily occur on campaign:

302011801-Polish-Vistula-Legion-box-front-600-px.png

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking forward to this, always like a good Nappy figure.....
If you were so inclined I think the Miniargh figure would easily convert to a Westfalen Guard infantryman.

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - The Miniart figure is good for spares but nothing else. I have made their Westfalian trumpeter however, here pared with a a Verlinden figure converted to a cuirassier of the same regiment:

100_3254.JPG

They're seeing off some cossacks during the 1812 campaign.

Ralph - This at least, may take some time,,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jim - Yes pretty colourful, though I'm not looking forward to the yellow, which is always difficult.

D

Deleted member 6559

The bodies have been built, as per kit on the left, the spares on the right:

100_8295.JPG

The Miniart parts were a nightmare - poorly fitting, covered in flash etc, but at least they fitted quite well. I think the differing poses will make a good paring.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Kevin.

Two sets of equipment:

100_8296.JPG100_8297.JPG

On the left is the gear supplied (the pipe was there after all), and on the right the spare set with the Miniart musket added.

Slightly annoying was the need to finish off the backpack by adding buckles and strap ends to the straps securing the greatcoat roll - I wondered what all the wire and metal foil in the box was for. I used the foil to make the straps, but the buckles were conveniently provided with the Miniart kit.

I will make some alterations to the second head in due course, probably by simply adding a beard and whiskers.

All ready for paint.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Ralph. Sorry, I meant that the Miniart parts fitted onto the CGS parts quite well.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Two at once Peter??!! You are certainly excelling your self here. Glad to see you managed to get them to fit - eventually :smiling2: Good luck with the wet stuff

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks like a full week of work ahead for you, as long as the heads make it through the paint shop?

It should be fun with a brighter palette and they are certainly very busy figures, well kitted out too.

Will you do them together or one after the other?

Have fun either way, and enjoy the last of the warmth, back to normal tomorrow with Northerly winds from the Arctic on their way!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Stevie J - Not sure whether I'm going to do them together, or one at a time. Choices, choices.....

Steve H - It's all down to the heads - fast becoming my nemesis - we'll see. Lots of white and yellow on these, which will be challenging, though the uniforms are fairly simple. The order I paint them in will depend on how I feel at the time I think.

Last blast of warmth today, then back to Autumn. Still full of seeing Mars rise the reddest I've ever seen it on the southern horizon last night - a wonderful sight (after watching the Sky at Night and the possible finding of life in the atmosphere of Venus). Have a good day.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Morning Peter
Quite a mix and match job but certainly looks as if you have ended up with two nice figures.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - I'm quite pleased with how the second figure turned out, especially considering the amount of cutting required to get the legs to fit under the waistcoat. Pain today.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks good for being such a PITA to paint, the yellow looks fine, I guess it was multiple coats to get that finish?

Will you continue with the body or tackle head No.2 today?

I guess you will need to do some hairdresser milliputing and add some whiskers first?

Its turning cooler and back to Autumn, but without the rain so far!

Have another good day with heads or bodies?

Regards

Steve H