15mm figures

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I was looking for some sci-fi figures and found these:

View attachment 91185

They're from a company called Critical Mass Games based in Wigan. They are made from white metal, and despite the fact they're only in 15mm scale, I was impressed with the general level of detail and the quality of the castings - especially as all the figures shown cost a total of £12.50 inc P&P.

Clean up of the few bits of flash and occasional seam line (I've seen lots worse on even Tamiya kits) only took about half an hour so I had a go at painting them. They arrived yesterday and they're finished already. A real joy to paint because the moulding detail gives clear demarkation between the different elements such as uniforms, weapons, packs etc. My poor eyesight and shaking hands don't allow me to do much, but I reckon some of you guys could get some real nice results.

View attachment 91186

View attachment 91187

The blue shoulder markings might give some of you a hint as to what I eventually hope to use these for ....

Troopers 1.JPG

Troopers 2.JPG

Troopers 3.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very cool and nicely done Dave. I used to do the 28mm figures and these damn near killed me, to pull of 15mm is amazing!

Si:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys.

Si - They are actually easier than it may seem. As they're so small, I made no attempt to do things like straps, harnesses, belts etc. - and they wear helmets and gauntlets, so there's no problem with flesh tones. Like I said in my original post, the mould quality also helps. Painting up to the edge of the packs for example was easy as there's a clear separation between them and the uniform.

I'll give them a dark wash a bit later tonight and see if that pops out a bit more detail.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job Dave, i like them,very well done, ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Moni.

I have given them a wash and a coat of matt varnish, and that has bought out some more detail - I really like how they've turned out. Unfortunately, my little camera isn't good enough to show close up details so there's no point adding pictures as you can't see the difference the wash has made.