1994 HMS Manchester Lynx 360 - 216 Flight, 815 NAS... Serial number?

• Thread starter Major Catastrophe
  • Start date

0ne48thtel

here are a few others to throw in to the mix Rich XZ234 XZ245 AND XZ229 the latter is the only one I can see that had the MC mark as well

M

Major Catastrophe

Think I'm going to have to dig that photo out and hope it's got the serial number showing!

0ne48thtel

Unfortunately Rich I can't give dates for them one as they are off my spotting database.

0ne48thtel

\ said:
HMS Manchester flight coded 360.MC 01Feb93AMG Portland uncoded 01Aug94 coded 342.-- by 11Jan95

815 Squadron coded 303.-- 17Feb95 and 308.-- by 06Mar95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok Rich I have done a bit more digging for you with the above info. There is one frame that has come back twice with different ship codes. both 360 and 342 have appeared on XZ733 within the time frames of your above post not sure if this is your frame.

M

Major Catastrophe

Thanks Terry, I've got tomorrow off, so I'm going into the attic to track down this photo...

M

Major Catastrophe

Well, i managed to track down the controller i handed over to when i left the ship and the first airframe he said he could remember was XZ254 so I've a feeling thats the one. I do remember the Lynx had rotor-head problems and was grounded for a time so thats possibly why it was listed as being ashore. Terry thanks for all your help, you've been an enormous help; very much appreciated. Ive got my 1/32 Lynx model all i have to do now is throw some glue and paint at it and see what happens! First job is to figure out how to get rid of those berp blades for nice mid-nineties straight ones... now where did i put my files and wet and dry?