28mm Morris CDSW conversion

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
So, time to finish up my Bofors to sit with this. Spent more than an hour looking for the two missing crew figures, who SHOULD have been in the same box with the gun. But the search, in the very last box, also turned up my 28mm 2pdr I've been wanting.
As the part is missing, I'm going to have to scratchbuild the sights for the gun

But , just to put the two together
IMG_2804.JPG
I need to get two more crew for the Bofors. I might actually put these together on a base like this. Probably call it 'On the Perimeter'

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s so matt that all I can see in the photos is a black blob shaped like a CDSW :smiling3:

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Right, the colours are all blocked in. Next will be shading, marking, weathering. Oh, and the tilt cover
IMG_2806.JPGIMG_2807.JPG
And I've just found an old Military Vehicle magazine in my stack with photos of another CDSW restoration, this time in BEF colours! Although, there's something odd about his AOS plates...
So, I decided to reverse what I do with tanks this time, and do a green base coat (effectively G5), then an Olive Drab disruptor(close enough to G3). Most of my trucks are G3/G5 while the tanks are G3/G4, or equivalents, I should say

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
While I'm on about colours, as I've said before I use the Starmer NW Europe books for kind of colour matching.
Well, there are BEF paints available NOW..!

So, here's a 'compare' set, covering 1938 to 1942
IMG_2809.JPG
The Mk VI is pre-war Bronze Green (I use either IJN Green or Schwarzgrun), the Matilda is G3/G4 (some olive drab with a random dark green over!), the Covenanter is SCC1 over SCC2; well, a dark brown over a medium brown
IMG_2810.JPG
And over in the truck park, the basic CS8 (G4 over G5), and an RAF Austin 'Tilly', which is actually RAF Dark Earth and Dark Green (because the wartime regulation was 'paint all airfield vehicles in available camouflage paints).
Anyone, from restorers, to modellers, to Airfix's old RAF vehicle sets, is PROBABLY incorrect in painting wartime RAF station vehicles blue-grey
Not that they don't look quite fetching like that.

Anyone else remember the fuss over Tamiya's blue RN 'Tilly'? No pleasing some people...

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Time to do the tilt
But I've just picked up the latest Military Vehicle Magazine, which has a restored CDSW recovery vehicle...

So, THAT is on the list now. After the Albion... And the biplanes... And the Mass Effect and Aloy figures...