2nd Squad, Armoured recon. check it out ...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Dave, it slipped through the net!

This is great stuff and you have every right to be please - I would be too. Nice to read you had your scrounging hat on and saved some wonga in the process.

You make a good point drawing a comparison between WW1 and 2 stuff, where we have to get it summat like, but with Sci-fi the skies the limit and the imagination can have a field day 'cos, with obvious exceptions, no one can say what is right and what is wrong.....

You do realise you have stepped over to the crazy and fun world that is diorama building, and this your first effort shows you have a talent for the subject.......Here's to the next!

Also, I think I'll have vanilla slices for Cosford 2014......if the Tiger is not completed!!

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Ron.

You gone off Eccles cakes or summat? Better make sure I get it done.

Gern

P

Polux

Hi Dave!

I will start a sci-fi little dio soon. And I'm asking myself, how are the plants you sprayed on this dio?

Still ok? Can you give me any advice please?

Thanks. Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Polux. Just had another look at this. The plants haven't changed at all since I took the pictures - which was about 5 weeks ago.

All I did was to select some small plants growing on some waste ground locally. I cut them to the right size and sprayed them with Humbrol Matt Varnish the same day. Then I used a drop of PVA to fix them into the base. As this is the first time I've done it, I have no idea how long they will stay looking like this so I can't really help with advice.

You may get more information if you check on model railway or wargame sites as they tend to do much more scenery than us.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Gern

P

Polux

Thank you very much Gern.

Don't worry, is more than I need!

Regards :smiling3:

Polux