3 HOUR CHALLENGE: 1/72 TIGER 1.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have a couple of the Italeri approved for wargamming 1/72 Tiger 1's. Only ten pieces, nothing fancy, so I decided to give myself a challenge. To assemble, paint, decal and weather in 3 hours or less...well I did it...just. Started just after 12 and finished around 3pm...so around 2 hours and 50 mins or so.

As to the quality of the build...hmmmmmm, as to the painting....hmmmmmmmmm, let you guys decided.

Enjoyed it though.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 88027

View attachment 88028

View attachment 88029

View attachment 88030

DSCF3793.JPG

DSCF3795.JPG

DSCF3796.JPG

DSCF3798.JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Well Si for the timeline of 3hrs it looks superb.its better than anything a could rustle up in that time span I'd still be reading the instructions and putting it together. You might have just started a new Olympic event extreme model making.cheers John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've given it a great build due to time limit, that's some work on the camo in such a small amount of time and it looks good , I like the muddy water effect it makes it look like it's well used:smiling3:

Over all mate I don't think I could any better in 2 hours 50 minuets so yeah good work :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ha! 2hrs. 50mins?

Si, I did the same kit in 2hrs 49 mins 58 secs.......Shaving 2 seconds off your time!

Only joshing, nice job Si....They do make up into a nice kit don't they? And for the size have plenty of detail.

Here's my effort......

View attachment 88031

Me thinks you've started something now.....I agree with John, it could it become an Olympic sport?

Ron

9296.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Oh well where do we get these little things from ? I want to have a go

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Oh well where do we get these little things from ? I want to have a go
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ITALERI-Pz-Kpfw-VI-Tiger-Tank-I-Fast-Assembly-7505-1-72-Model-Kit-Tanks-/390791376697?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item5afcfb2f39

Easy little tank and ideal for a 3 hour challenge.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Ha! 2hrs. 50mins?Si, I did the same kit in 2hrs 49 mins 58 secs.......Shaving 2 seconds off your time!

Only joshing, nice job Si....They do make up into a nice kit don't they? And for the size have plenty of detail.

Here's my effort......

View attachment 88598

Me thinks you've started something now.....I agree with John, it could it become an Olympic sport?

Ron
Bah! Think yours looks better than mine Ron. I didn't plan any scheme though, just went with what I had to hand as quickly as I could lol. Love the camo on yours, maybe a bit more pre-thought on mine may have gotten better results...I doubt it though :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Great job in three - sorry 2:50 I do have think you have started something now I can see lots of people now attempting to beat that, where will it all end. Perhaps someone will try and build the Airfix 1/24 typhoon in 2:49:59.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Si. Three hours is mighty quick, I'd be looking at three weeks for this.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks fellas, it is a bit rough but in the time frame I am well happy with it, and I really enjoyed the build. With only 10 parts, no little guns or tracks to faff with-just glue, paint and weather!

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Cracking little build there Si

Lee :smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

This is dangerous. As a (not very good) runner I find anything with a time attached to it a challenge. I even have a personal best time for giving a blood donation. I'm now going to try to erase this thread from my memory. (Brilliant work in the time, by the way - especially the paint job).

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
And you've not taken up my "I'm new, take up my airfix starter kit HMS Victory" challenge?!?! I am shocked
Messing with a Tiger is one thing...doing a boat is something else... :D

I may have a pop at it, just need to get a model first.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
This is dangerous. As a (not very good) runner I find anything with a time attached to it a challenge. I even have a personal best time for giving a blood donation. I'm now going to try to erase this thread from my memory. (Brilliant work in the time, by the way - especially the paint job).
LOL, go on Doug, you know you want to do it? :D

This is my second only timed challenge and I made the deadlines both times: but only just. First was a scratch built sunken minisub and then this. I saw the ease of the kit on this one and thought...go for it...why not, it is only against myself. And I really did enjoy myself, some tunes on and cuppa and paint flying everywhere. Glad you like my timed efforts.