999 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Those watching the half-track GB will know I'm working on an old Russian fire engine (I'll have some pics later today).

While in 'fire engine' mode, I had a thought for a GB topic. As the title suggests, what about a build for any vehicle which would answer a 999 emergency call - or the national equivalent for our overseas friends?

Typically the emergency services are Fire, Police and Ambulance, but I was thinking it could also include things like air ambulances and coast guard rescue boats as well as military emergency vehicles - maybe even just emergency personnel for the figure builders on here 'cos they do seem to get a bit left out of the GBs.

My idea was the usual three-month build time starting on Jan 1 next year, addition of AM parts is OK but no dios other than a simple base. (No reason why you shouldn't include your build in a dio later of course).

Anybody interested?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Dave that will be intresting see what the guys come up with but i cant do it as to busy for all nxt yr on tiger but a very good idea indeed
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Sounds like a plan but I'll have to clear my current GB backlog before I definitely commit mate.
Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here I was, thinking about how complicated a 3D model I would have to draw to get a 999 GB file … and it turns out to be about emergency vehicles :smiling3:

So now you know you don't got to do the drawing, d'you want to have a go at this?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Well so far it looks like we got:

Me
Ian (Papa 695)
Mike (Valeron)
Steve (Brody)
John (Wotan)

Nice to see a couple of figure builders in the mix.

Whombody more?

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well so far it looks like we got:

Me
Ian (Papa 695)
Mike (Valeron)
Steve (Brody)
John (Wotan)

Nice to see a couple of figure builders in the mix.

Whombody more?
Go on then ... !
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
So now you know you don't got to do the drawing, d'you want to have a go at this?
Sorry, very unlikely … I have so much else I want to build that sticking yet another thing at the front is something I’m really rather reluctant to do :sad:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
... and one more:

Me
Ian (Papa 695)
Mike (Valeron)
Steve (Brody)
John (Wotan)
Steve (Airborne01)
Geoff (Geoffers)

Just three more suc....... volunteers needed.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Sorry, very unlikely … I have so much else I want to build that sticking yet another thing at the front is something I’m really rather reluctant to do :sad:

Not to worry Jakko. We all have our 'to do' lists. Maybe next time.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
WELL Dave that will be intresting see what the guys come up with but i cant do it as to busy for all nxt yr on tiger but a very good idea indeed
chrisb

Sorry Chris, just noticed I hadn't replied. No probs if you can't join in, you'll never get your Tiger finished if you keep getting distracted.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've been exercising my brain cell - yes, I occasionally let it out of its cage to have a bit of a run around. Safely at the end of a rope of course! - and realised I can probably talk PJ into having a go at this. I have the perfect kit in mind for him and have put in a bid for one on ebay. If I can't talk him round, there's no problem as I want another one of these for myself anyway.

So now there are eight:

Me
Ian (Papa 695)
Mike (Valeron)
Steve (Brody)
John (Wotan)
Steve (Airborne01)
Geoff (Geoffers)
PJ

C'mon guys! Just two more needed to make a go of it!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dave......I'm in buddy. This is right up my street....I have Fire Apparatus, Ambulances, even a JU 52 I was going to do up as a Flying Red Cross Transport to the Ost front. Perhaps by January I'll be ready to take on another Wingy Thing Project! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.