A little Oddball

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hello everyone, yes it's me. After recovering from health problems i thought it was time to get to get back to the bench, so the question was what to build? It had to be fun, it had to be a subject i like and had to have some scratch building to get the old gray cells back working to how they should. So watching Kelly's Heroes for the second time in one day, it was time for me to build Oddball's Sherman.

And this is it, the only thing i had problems with was the loudspeaker. I tried everything to make one but just didn't work, until i found a christmas decoration that had bells. The amount of time i've watch the film and i still manage the to fit the gun travel lock on the front and Oddball's shouldn't have one, oh well!!

Have fun, John

View attachment 82622

View attachment 82623

View attachment 82624

View attachment 82625

View attachment 82626

View attachment 82627

View attachment 82628

20140515_144226.jpg

20140515_144307.jpg

20140515_144344.jpg

20140515_144407.jpg

20140515_144439.jpg

20140515_144511.jpg

20140515_144539.jpg

P

Polux

Wow!! A beauty!!

I like it very much this mud effect.

Welcome back John ;) I'm glad to know all is ok :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Woof woof woof! Love that film!!!

Great build John, just one thing, where's the pipe to make it look like a 90 mil, to 'scare the hell out of the Germans! '???

Woof woof woof a negative vibe! I know

Lee

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wo hey John boy! Never mind the model for a bit.......

Absolutely bl***Y great to see one of the 'old school' back and posting. I'm so glad you are up and running again.....Don't let the ba****d grind you down good buddy. Not even the loss of the Boddies!

Right, the model.....Because of our last P.M.'s, I knew what was coming off the production line.....

What a cracking build. You might have been a.w.o.l., but you haven't lost your touch.

The absence of the longer cannon? Just say it fell off in the railway tunnel, 'cos when the tank emerged, it wasn't there anyway! lol

Once again, great to have you back...a bit subdued these days, but still the best forum going!

Cheers fella,

Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful build, love the film and the model. Welcome back to the mad house and to building.

Si:smiling3:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks guys, it's nice to be on the right side of the mad house lol. The continuity in the film is mad too, when you first meet Oddball the loudspeaker is on the right side of the turret but for the rest of the movie it's on the left. Same for the "90mm" tube, it's at the beginning but gone after that point. Still, a good excuse to build another one hehehe.

Thanks for the welcome back too everyone, it's great to be back in the land of the living. And even better, back modeling. In fact, i'm on my next project lol.

As always, have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Ron matey, i've asked the doc and i can have the odd drink woop! So i won't forget what it taste like (result lol).

Have fun mate, John

D

dubster72

Nice one John, that's a cracking build! About time someone did a Kelly's Heroes ;)

I've always wanted to do the shoot-em-up scene from the tunnel, probably in 1/72, but can't find the time!

Good to see you back.

Cheers

Patrick

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
AWSOME !! I loved that film it even had a tiger in it :smiling3:

Stunning work john really like this :smiling3:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
@ Patrick & Alan, many thanks ;)

@ Ray, i happen to have a Tiger that i fell out with last year and just boxed it back up. As soon as i have the room to have a big dio, it'll be done hehehe woof!!

And thanks again for the kind words, great to be back.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job John matey and so good to see you back at the bench . Looking forward to the next project , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good to see you back again, I hope that you are well.

Lovely job on the Sherman.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great to see you back again John, and a nice way to get back into things, a beauty build.

N

noble

\ said:
Hello everyone, yes it's me. After recovering from health problems i thought it was time to get to get back to the bench, so the question was what to build? It had to be fun, it had to be a subject i like and had to have some scratch building to get the old gray cells back working to how they should. So watching Kelly's Heroes for the second time in one day, it was time for me to build Oddball's Sherman.And this is it, the only thing i had problems with was the loudspeaker. I tried everything to make one but just didn't work, until i found a christmas decoration that had bells. The amount of time i've watch the film and i still manage the to fit the gun travel lock on the front and Oddball's shouldn't have one, oh well!!

Have fun, John

N

noble

Welcome back john nice to hear from you and I hope you are feeling better. Very nice Sherman like the speaker its nice, the little details also like the watering can lovely. The weathering is spot on mate all round great job.

scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
welcome back John, and nice to see you start with a stunner of a build, great movie as well :rolleyes:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks you lot, just the tonic i need to get back on track (get it? Track? I'll get me coat:p).

Have fun, John ;)