Dave
Got this from 4Ground.

View attachment 123637

Construction is easy using plain old PVA

View attachment 123638

View attachment 123640

View attachment 123641

View attachment 123642

They make lots of buildings in laser cut MDF along with a fair range of accessories. They're mostly suitable for 28mm figures and designed more for wargaming than scale modelling. Anyone with a bit of modelling ability though could use these as a starting point and add detail to their heart's content and end up with something really good.

As usual with me, I decided to put this on a base and add a few accessories.

View attachment 123636

View attachment 123635

Some piles of timber ready for the cladding, couple of buckets, table, tool chest, fire and a couple of tools for the well-diggers.

Does anyone know where I could get hold of a couple of 28mm cowboy builders I could add? Obviously not 'cowboy builders' but wild west era labourers! :smiling3:

New Home Accessories.JPG

New Home Base.JPG

New Home Label.JPG

New Home1.JPG

New Home2.JPG

New Home3.JPG

New Home4.JPG

P

Polux

Very cool Gern!!

I really like it :smiling3:

Take a look at this site....could be a good place to start your research ;)

http://www.goblintrader.es/buscar?orderby=position&controller=search&orderway=desc&search_query=Cowboy

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that is real nice,I do like it alot,and on the base with ,bits and bobs,and a few dudes about will look great,

what a good find, :D

\ said:
Very cool Gern!!
I really like it :smiling3:

Take a look at this site....could be a good place to start your research ;)

http://www.goblintrader.es/buscar?orderby=position&controller=search&orderway=desc&search_query=Cowboy
very nice figures you found Polux,a few of them will go well, ;)

D

Deleted member 4203

I found a place called Knuckleduster Miniatures, it's a Wargames thing but they have 28mm figures of wild west era townsfolk, it looks like a few may be wearing aprons similar to carpenters, etc. I'd look into it a bit more though because I don't know what they all look like, so some may not be what you're looking for :smiling3: :D

http://knuckleduster.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_14_3

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great erection Dave!

Seeing it brings back a memory of when these wooden 'Kit Houses' first made their appearance. Me and four other joiners were detailed to "Go and knock one together."

The site was in Chester, so seeing as how he lived just up the road at Eaton Hall, The Duke of Westminster was going to be guest of honour for the grand opening of the thing. A marque had been erected stuffed full of drinks and goodies.

On the day of his visit, we were still adding finishing touches to the structure when our boss came hurrying in..."Quick, forget that, he's on his way. Get into the tea cabin and don't come out until he's gone!" Security personnel ensured his orders were carried out.

When The Duke finally went, we were allowed out, only to find the left over food was piled in a heap for the birds and the left over drink had quickly disappeared into the high ups cars.

Such was the lot of us 'common' building workers!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks everyone.

Polux - I've added that to my list of favourites. Most of the ones here are fighting figures which I don't need for this dio, but I will almost certainly be doing more Wild West stuff in future.

Catalin - I've not painted it myself. The building is pre-coloured and this is how it looks straight out of the box.

Moni - Overall, I'm impressed with the range of stuff these guys do. This one in particular (on my 'to buy' list when I can afford it):

(It's very long with lots of episodes but it does enable you to see just how good the kit really is)

Blair - Just what the doctor ordered thanks! I've ordered some today and will be using a few on this piece.

Ron - That's just what the wife used to say! As for the lot of the 'common workers'; as far as I know it's always been that way, it's still that way today and it seems likely it will always be that way in the future.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks superb Dave, something unusual and as you say, a great starting point for even bits of another dio.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Si. I've not worked with laser cut MDF before so I bought this simple one as a sort of test. I will be doing more of them.