A (re) Introduction

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
As I didn’t introduce myself when I joined:

Morning all, I’m Jack and currently living in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.Think I am probably one of the ’less experienced’ members here at 34. Modelled as a junior with Dad (who now makes incredible scratch built metal working trains) and then by myself as I got a little older. Like most, lost interest in my teens, and then picked it back up as an adult when I needed something that wasn’t staring at screens all day. Into a bit of everything depending on where the mood takes me, but lately the trend seems to be armour.

Outside of the bench, I quite enjoy going to the gym and rolling around on the muddy rugby pitches of Gloucestershire.

Work wise, I used to be Head of Analysis for England Rugby 7s, and then Covid hit and the RFU decided to drop the programme. I absolutely loved my work there, and was lucky enough to travel the world with it, and ‘earn’ a Commonwealth games Bronze medal, among others. I will treasure it, along with some great memories. Since then, I have been consulting with rugby teams here and there, but more often than not working in a School Uniform suppliers to keep paying rent.

Just about to become responsible for a lovely (I hope) little black Lab called Connie (Conifer when she’s naughty), following the family tradition of naming our dogs after trees or plants. (Parsnip, Twiggy, Rowan, Hawthorn, Lilly and Willow (Ellie too, but she was a rescue)).

Last edited:

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome Jack.

I'm not very well experienced in modelling either and joined this forum in January. It's a great place and the gang are very friendly and so helpful.

Like you I modelled as a child (very basic) and gave this up when teenage years hit. This was back in the 70s (I'm 56) and restarted making models during lockdown.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Jack,
better late than never! Long time since I visited Cheltenham, even though I'm only in South Gloucestershire. My main memory of Cheltenham is standing hopefully on the railway platform in the most cramped, unwelcoming, and uncomfortable station in the UK!
Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey,4 years to write an intro.....
That's gotta be some sort of world record?! ;)
Seems a bit weird saying "hello" to someone I've conversed with for ages..... but.... HELLO JACK :smiling3:
You may be one of the "younger" members on the site, however, you've certainly crammed in a lot in those years :smiling3:
Congratulations on the medal.... Something to dine out on that is ;)
Nice intro mate..... Now,GET BUILDING :smiling3: !!
Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice to meet you Jack. Rugby. A mans sport. Having said that my Ex Boss plays for the female national sevens team here in Denmark. lol.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jack
I don't need to welcome you. You know how welcome you are and what a great forum this is.
Nice to know a bit about our fellow modellers. Some great experiences with rugby.
As for Connie, she's stunning. Knowing labs they go through a mad stage from 6 months to about 18 months, not quite as bad as spaniels but close :smiling: Many years ago we had a golden retriever who ate an arm chair, well not actually ate it, destroyed would be more accurate. We forgave her and adored her for the next 13 years.
Jim

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome Jack - a belated intro but I bet it took some balls! Nice medal too!
Steve

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
"Bout Bl**dy time!!.....thought you'd never get 'round to it! Welcome good Sir and please enjoy the Forum....very friendly group, once you get to know them. :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3::smiling5::tongue-out::thumb2:
Rick H.