A Spitfire flying under a bridge.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
"Why man, this is a canny place to ga fishin' Billy" said Jack.

"Aye, ah hurp sur" replied Billy "Ah promised me Hennie, her ma and wor bairns I'd bring back a saman for tea, cos' we'll aal be clammin cum tooneet! Howay, and put the landin' net tegetha. Then giz a Broon Jack, an' I'll have a swig afor ah cast oot."

"Bonnie lad" Reflects Jack, "This is aal peaceful like, but what's that noise? It soonds like a plane, an' it's sorkelling aboot."

"There it is. It's a Spitfiya. Av sorn one of them at the pitchas. It's broon, green an' got a blue belly - An' got soreculs on it's wings too!" Wot's he doin' sorkelling aboot like that fer? I hurp his engine isn'a owr eatin."

"Howay meeat, he's comin' doon along the riva. Shorrly he isn't gan under the bridge?"

The Spitfire climbs up before reaching the bridge......

"He's gan ower the thing, ah dinna think he was daft enough to ger unner it!"

"Har on, av got me a bate!" Shouts Billy. "Gan get the net ready!"

Jack's not listening...."He's comin' back doon for anethor ger, but aal kind'a very ler like. Man, ah tell yer ee's gan fer it this time! Billy, divna hang aboot, get yersel oot of the waater!"

Billy finally spots the approaching fighter.

The Spitfire charges under the bridge.....

"Wo Hey! Billy, did ya see that! Some canny flyin'. Ah even saw it's shadda on the waater!"

Billy has other things to cope with.
"Never mind the airyplane, help get me oot a the rivva. Me waders are aal clacky like and full of waater - and av lost me Saman! Jack, giz' me Broon back, ahm gana get blethered, an' open a pack of feezas too......"

"Then wah gan hyem."

..................................................................................

There's only so many pictures one can take of an aircraft flying under a bridge, so here's the one's I took.

P1340817 (2).JPG

P1340829.JPG

P1340853.JPG

P1340840.JPG

P1340823.JPG

P1340844.JPG

P1340827.JPG

P1340839.JPG

P1340818.JPG

P1340819.JPG

P1340846.JPG

P1340828.JPG

P1340887.JPG

P1340922.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Ron, Like the boys said, some great chuckin' up going on here with this one. It's right up there with the Dornier Pencil and the Hawker? Please Sir, take the good lady out for a nice dinner and a few cold ones. She more than deserves it!!! Fantastic stuff Buddy!!!

Prost auf your fine lady and her amazing skills
Allen

PS, your skills in making this beauty ain't too shabby either!!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What terrific feedback!
Thanks for taking the time out to post such nice comments, boys.

Allen. I took her and her mate out ot a pub last night. I drove. They had a bottle of house wine between them and I had a single glass of Coke a Cola......£29! The coke alone was £4:dizzy: She will have to put up with just the excellent praise from you guys (Until, that is, we can save up some more going out dosh)

Paul. The accent is called 'Geordie', that's to say the North East of England, strongest around around Newcastle, Sunderland, S. and N. Shields. In fact all of County Durham speaks some form of Geordie!
My dad was from South Shields, so I sort of grew up with the lovely, soft accent from that area of G.B.

Thanks again chaps,

Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Can only echo Ian's comment..... You really are good at this!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What an amazing set of blokes you all are, I am really humbled by all your superb comments.

Wish I could 've afforded to bring your honey over to chuck my Mustang as her chucking is matchless.

Paul, after seeing your recently 'Chucked' Mustang, it is obvious that you and my wife can both stand tall and proud with your mutual 'Chucking skills'

To show the scale and to finish off this build, I forgot to include a shot of me mit, so here we go.......

P1340930.JPG

Thanks once more for all your great posts.

Cheers.
Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Top dioramary skills (new word there) and amazing wizardry work as well. Great stuff Ron.